Favourite Fruit To Eat In The Morning?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by zenfive • Apr 28, 2015.

1. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    I have recently really started to enjoy eating fruits in the morning, and also incorporating them into my diet more often.

My favourite for the morning has to be eating bananas because they give you a real energy boost to kickstart your day, and as I'm a student, this can really be necessary at times haha.

What are your favourite fruits to eat in the morning?

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I grab a banana if I eat anything in the morning. It's portable, quick, simple, & not sloppy. Great natural grab & go fruit.

3. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite fruit to eat in the morning is definitely a banana because it's delicious, nutritious, and easy if your in a rush and don't have time to cook a big breakfast. I would eat other fruits in the morning like apples, oranges, peaches, pears, grapes, strawberries, blueberries, and plums. I might make myself a nice fruit salad for breakfast one day.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For years it was bananas. Easy, portable, versatile; you can make so many great breakfasts with bananas. But these days, I grab a bunch of clementines (ok I still throw the banana in there lol). They're so thirst quenching and sweet like candy.. just love them. I always eat fruit for breakfast.. best way to start the day.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just put raisins in my oatmeal. But when I want to switch it up, I enjoy apples and bananas, or occasionally dried cranberries. Occasionally I’ll have a baked pear with walnuts, spices, and honey, which is a lovely pick-me-up especially in autumn/winter.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've always enjoyed eating a yellow apple or a handful of strawberries in the morning. These days I prefer my breakfast fruit steamed with a bowl of quinoa. I find that my stomach rejects raw fruit first thing in the morning. For some reason I have no problems with any kind of fruit after midday. My digestive system prefers warm and nourishing food.

7. zenfive

zenfiveMember

Threads:
    Yeah I feel like that sometimes too! Strawberries are also great because they really give me a boost of freshness, and mixed with other berries like blueberries and cranberries in a warm cup of oatmeal is so so good!

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My fruit of choice for breakfast is banana! It's surprising filling and because it releases energy slowly, it can last me up to lunch time :) It's especially convenient when I'm in a hurry and have no time to mess about.

9. Flowerpower

FlowerpowerMember

Threads:
    I seem to be with the majority here. Bananas are my favorite fruits to eat in the morning too, I'm always in a rush to get to work and it doesn't need de-seeding or have juice that i'll have to mop up and they're always guaranteed to be sweet too. :)

10. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I also love eating bananas because they are rich in potassium, and we all know that potassium is one of the elements/nutrients that our body needs for growth and maintenance. But my favorite fruit would always be apple, because I believe that an apple a day keeps the doctor away. :)

11. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Although I've been told to eat apple early in the morning, the fruit isn't my favorite of the bunch. It's banana for me. This particular fruit is rich in potassium and gives the body a lot of energy, therefore making it a good alternative to coffee and energy drinks. I know of many athletes who eat banana while playing a game. There's Rafa Nadal for one. Maria Sharapova and Serena Williams as well. When I want something more fancy, I make a shake out of bananas.

12. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I can't stand apples. I think melon is my favourite fruit, but I love apricot juice too. I find it extremely difficult to get hold of though, if anyone in the UK can suggest a place to buy it I would much appreciate it. Bananas are nice too, but I prefer them to have in deserts.