Favourite Movie Quote?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by AceOfHype • Jul 10, 2012.

1. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    I have seen many different movies, and I can't really pinpoint one favourite movie quote.

But, one of my favourites is

"I'm going to give him an offer he can't refuse"

By the Godfather.

What about you guys?

2. violino

violinoMember

Threads:
    There's a Polish film called "Prison" and there's a quote: "Let it go if you want it to come back to you" and I really like it, it seems so true to me.

3. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Another question that shouldn't be asked because I'll be here all day. For the purpose of brevity, I'll provide five that come to my head randomly.

"Made it ma, top of the world!"

"I ain't so tough."

"We'll always have Paris." and "Here's looking at you kid."

"I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!"

"I'm walkin' here! I'm walkin' here!"

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My absolute favorite is, "I could go any time, Gilbert!" by Arnie in "What's Eating Gilbert Grape" starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Johnny Depp.

5. AceOfHype

AceOfHypeNew Member

Threads:
    Oh wow! That's one of my favourite movies.

Not to mention that quote was also something really memorable.

Leonardo DiCaprio's acting was absolutely exceptional in that movie, wasn't it?

Thanks for the replies guys!

6. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of Yoda :D
    "No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try."

When nine hundred years old you reach, look as good, you will not, hmmm?

“Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealously. The shadow of greed, that is.”

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this my absolute favorite, but there was a line in the original Sparkle, where Styx says to Satin right after he finishes beating him down, "you been fighting women too long."

Oh, and of course, most of the lines from Friday, "you trying to build a clubhouse?" "Playing with my money is like playing with my emotions, Smokey!" "when he leaves, I be talking again."

8. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I have lots that could make the list, but I'll be here all day, so I'll stick with my three all-time favourites - all from Crocodile Dundee, from around 1987, starring Paul Hogan.

The first one is when Hogan props up a dead kangaroo to use as a shield to shoot at kangaroo rustlers. As the rustlers flee, terrified because a kangaroo is apparently taking its own revenge, Hogan says, 'Nice one, Skippy.'

Then there's the scene in New York, where a mugger pulls a knife on Hogan. Hogan says, 'Call that a knife? This is a knife!' and flourishes a king size machete. The mugger runs for his life.

Finally, there's the scene in a club where a transvestite comes on to Hogan, and he doesn't realise it's a man. When a real woman tries to get friendly, he grabs her in the crotch and says, 'Just checking!'

I've seen the film lots of times, and it still makes me laugh. By the way, it would be really helpful if other posters could explain the context of quotes that are not instantly recognisable. I'm sure we would all appreciate them much more if we knew the set up that gave rise to the quote. Even the most mundane phrase can be hilarious in a certain context.

#8Jul 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  9. Sampson

SampsonNew Member

Threads:
    I have a few quotes I like.
    One is from Metal Gear Solid 4, the character Drebin says to Snake "War transforms us, snake, into beasts". When you're playing the game and watching that scene it really hits you what is meant.
    I suppose you asked movie quote though!
    So, one quote that sticks in my mind is from The Avengers. Steve Rogers says to Doctor Banner "I think now might be a good time for you to get angry", Banner replies "That's my secret, Cap, I'm always angry". Banner then transforms into The Hulk and, well, smashes. So epic it gave me goosebumps!

10. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    "You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus." step brothers

11. Ja'cobeC

Ja'cobeCMember

Threads:
    Denzel Washington quote from Training Day. I laughed so hard on that part.

Go on and walk away... 'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfu%# down. King Kong ain't got sh#% on me. That's right, that's right. Sh%*, I don't, fu*%. I'm winning anyway, I'm winning... I'm winning any motherfuc*# way. I can't lose. Yeah, you can shoot me, but you can't kill me.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite quote is "I'll never let go Jack... I'll never let go". But only because she let him go right after lol. Otherwise, I'm a BIG stupid quotes fan. Nothing deep that I can think of but more the Will Farrell type stuff.. don't judge lol.

13. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    "The only thing you have to decide...is what to do with the time that is given to you."
    JRR Tolkien
    The Fellowship of the Ring, movie by Peter Jackson

This quote literally changed my life!

14. Libragirl67

Libragirl67Active Member

Threads:
    There are two of them that stick in my mind. They make me smile just because they are on the cheesy side. The first one is from an older movie that Rowdy Roddy Piper was in. It is one of those aliens try to take over the earth movies from the 80's or possibly the 90's. I think it was called "Them". But his quote is "I'm here to chew bubble gum and kick some ass..And I'm all out of bubble gum!" The other one is more recent it is from Samual L. Jackson. My kids still say this qoute every time they here Samual's name. It is, "Iam tired of these God Damned snakes on this God Damned plane!"....And ofcoarse there is always Austin Powers..."You put the grrr back in tiger baby."

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Dirty Harry:
    I know what you're thinking. "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

16. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I came here to post this. Good taste, Esperahol.

Also "I love the smell of napalm in the morning." is a very memorable quote to me from the movie " Apocalypse Now".

17. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Apocalypse Now is a great movie all things considered and I kind of knew that from the opening speech. As for Dirty Harry - that was an epic speech from a great movie that had a lot of awesome quotes. I wish they had more movies like it out there.

18. marciana

marcianaMember

Threads:
    Caroline: Adam your heart is diseased! You need a new one.
    Adam: But this is my heart! I'm afraid that if they take it away I won't be able to love you the same.

That is from the movie Untamed Heart starring Marissa Tomei and Christian Slater. I am obviously hopeless romantic!

19. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    YES! This is one of my favorites as well! The Godfather is the best! I also love funny quotes like, "Keep the change you filthy animal!". That's a movie quote in the movie Home Alone. :)

20. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree, those two are very memorable movie quotes, and I love Godfather as well. My favorite line ever though is from Robocop where that one guy says "I'll buy that for a dollar" on TV. It was so random and I never really understood it as a kid, I'm not even sure I understand it now, but it sure is catchy.