Favourite Type of Cake?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kingusama92 • Jun 2, 2012.

1. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    What type of cake do you like?

If you had to choose a cake for your birthday, which one would it be? There are so many good flavours of cake, but there is always that one which makes you salivate at the mouth.

;)

2. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    As long as it has chocolate and no cherries on top, I'll eat half of it.

3. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Mocha and chocolate cake are my favorites. Why don't you love cherries? I like them and I always eat them first before eating the cake.

4. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Red Velvet Cake, although a nice runner up is Sock-it-to-me cake. Other then that something made of chocolate or containing chocloate or slathered with chocolate (perhaps in frosting form) works well especially if it's dark chocolate.

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    Oh wow. What an awesome question! I go through this every birthday when I have to decide what to buy my family for snacks. I like to try different things but I always tend to go for a good chocolate mousse cake, a cheese cake and some chocolate eclairs. That would be my request as my last cakes on Earth. One cake will just not do. (-: Lol.

6. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    My son's better than sex chocolate cake. It has a cream cheese filling baked in and he makes a cream cheese hazelnut chocolate coffee frosting sprinkled with heath bar candy. Yummy! His lemon curd cream cheese cake is also the bomb.

7. Cheseloo

CheselooMember

Threads:
    I concur I love anything chocolate, no cherries on top.

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is a huckleberry cheesecake that is made at a local restaurant. I could never make something like it myslef and they only make it one month out of the year. Yes, it is expensive but it is worth every penny!

9. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I love Tres Leche cake. Tres Leche means "three milks". The cake is absolutely detrimental to diets, but it is delicious. Most times, the cake is topped with strawberries. I purchase it from Whole Foods, and not only does it taste amazing, it is absolutely stunning. I have it with a cold glass of almond milk.

#9Jun 2, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2012
  10. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I love the birthday cakes that they sell at Giant Eagle grocery store. The Crisco and powdered sugar frosting is yummy, lol! I guess I love those cakes because we got one on every birthday. I also like the white almond raspberry cake that they sell at GE. It is a almond cake with white buttercream frosting and raspberry filling. Yum!

11. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    For flavor - it's always chocolate cake for me - a chocolate cake with a fondant layer icing. The best!

But in terms of a "type" - I really love designer cakes. You know, those cakes that are so beautiful you don't want to eat it?

12. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    I like both chocolate cake and cheesecake, but my current favorite is an amazing strawberry cake made by a local Italian restaurant. The frosting is made with whipped cream and cream cheese and has fresh strawberries on it. Ok, I'm hungry now!

13. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    How dare you! How dare you ask me this question when I'm on my spring/summer cleanse. Now you're going to make me daydream about the delightful taste of cake!

Anyway, my favorite cakes are plain New York style cheesecake, Boston Cream Cake and birthday cakes. Oh God, I want one right now! Bah!

14. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I love pretty much all kinds of cakes except upside down pineapple. My favorite kinds of cake are vanilla with raspberry or lemon filling, topped with icing. It would have to be topped with lots of vanilla ice cream, too. I also love angel food cake with a light glaze and strawberries. Poppy seed cake is also delicious.

15. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Any variation of chocolate. I love chocolate. Mine can have cherries. ;)

16. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I love a nice rich, moist fruit cake. It was actually my birthday yesterday, and my daughter-in-law made me a lovely light sponge cake with orange flavoured butter icing. It was wonderful! I also love cheesecake, but I'm in the minority here - I don't like any sort of chocolate cake. You can all fight over my share if you like!

17. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh there's so many different cakes that I just love eating. I can't pick one favorite type, but cheesecake, red velvet, tiramisu, some sort of ice cream cake, oh there's too many choices!

18. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever met a cake I didn't like. Ever. ;) I love cake.

My absolute favorite would be dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate mousse between three layers with dark chocolate frosting and sprinkled with dark chocolate shavings. But you could put fruit fillings between the layers and I'd love that too, like raspberry or orange or marionberry (a type of blackberry).

Second favorite is red velvet cake - but only homemade, because mixes and most store-bought doesn't use any or enough vinegar to give it that distinctive flavor. You can't just use a bunch of red dye and call it red velvet...

19. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    I love cake but I am not too fancy when it comes to cake. I really really love vanilla frosted vanilla cake. It taste so good. I always try to watch what I eat but as soon as I see that vanilla frosted cake I just cannot control myself and I have to eat it. I love it when its soft fresh and the frosting is crisp and fresh as well. Talking about it makes me want to have a piece right this second.

20. norm17

norm17New Member

Threads:
    i love chocolate cake with lots of chocolate bars on top of it.. :)