Favourite Type of Cake?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kingusama92 • Jun 2, 2012.

1. mimi8zm

mimi8zmMember

Threads:
    I love chocolate... especially dark chocolate. Can't resist them :eek: in 2011, Starbucks had a chocolate cake on its display called Midnight Cake. It was moist chocolate cake, with a thin layer of crunch (not sure what they're called) and a layer of fudge. I kept going back because it was just delicious! I was sooo sad when they discontinued the cake after that Holiday season.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I have always loved Black Forest and it will always be my favorite. Any celebration is not complete without a black forest cake especially on my birthday! That cake is also always present on Christmas dinner with my family!

3. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    On our side and within the family, the big thing is to cook the birthday cake ourselves (well for each other). So it is always a search for finding a recipe the the Birthday One will enjoy and we can manage (and keep it as a big secret) !! Oh and we like to have them with loads of decoration. One of the best has been a "Loch Monster" one, very long snaky one ...

4. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite type is red velvet cake and carrot cake. Those two are just my favorite in the whole wide world. I guess I love a good cream cheese frosting.

5. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite is one that is sold at our local HEB. It is a strawberry cheesecake with graham crust. It has whole strawberries on top with whipped cream. I love everything about that cake.

6. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I have to jump on the red velvet cake bangwagon! Love it! Love cream cheese icing! Though, back in June I had some key lime cupcakes that were to die for!

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I like strawberry cheesecake because I eat it for my birthday all the time. I usually buy mine from the Cheesecake factory because they're the best. I don't know why I like it so much, but I just can't get enough of this stuff.

8. Marya

MaryaNew Member

Threads:
    I love graham cake with toppings mango or fruit cocktail.
    My children are happy when I serve this for our dessert.

#28Jun 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
  9. Mystique

MystiqueActive Member

Threads:
    Chocolate Indulgence from Secret Recipe - OMW, to die for! I love anything chocolate! Blackforest cake - I love it, any type of cheesecakes, I love carrot cake and raspberry creme cake. I love peanut butter chocolate cake topped with buttercream icing. However, I don't care so much for red velvet cake - I don't get the big deal about it (and I've tasted a few!).

10. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Chocolate.

Now the variations of chocolate are up in the air because I love different kinds. We often go with devil's food cake for a basic chocolate, although I'd happily take kinds that have chocolate chips inside, mixed chocolates, specialty, etc.

11. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    OMG I am sure now I will have to go out today and get this cake now. But, my favorite cake is Chocolate. But the frosting is chocolate with wholes glazed strawberries on top. Its so beautiful that you almost don't even want to put your fork into it.

12. classy_ally

classy_allyMember

Threads:
    Chocolate cake is the only option for me. Double chocolate on top of triple chocolate with chocolate ice cream. And chocolate on the side! lol!!! I'm a chocolate lover.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like yellow cake with chocolate frosting, and I found a recipe online for Butterfinger cake which has Butterfinger bars crushed up in the frosting . I also like German chocolate cake.

Here's the Butterfnger cake recipe.

butterfinger_cake_2.JPG

14. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I am a sucker for lemon cake. Tried the Weight Watchers version, but reverted back to normal iced slices and sponge versions. Yummy feast! The Thornton's lemon cake deserves a mention here too.:rolleyes:

15. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    Someone baked a key-lime cake for us and everyone in my family that tried it absolutely fell in love with it. My mom found the recipe and started baking it and it doesn't last long at all. However, if it was my birthday, I would rather have a strawberry shortcake.

16. Kaila

KailaNew Member

Threads:
    I remember we had a tradition in my hometown that at birthday parties, you always got an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, and everyone always had to eat it with their hands behind their backs. You just stick your head down onto the paper plate and eat up. The best part was always the chocolate fudge layer in the middle. Ohhh man that was delicious. Everyone always had their faces completely covered in vanilla and chocolate ice cream at the end, and we always took a photo, with big smiles on everyone's faces. Those were the days!

17. Nick2011

Nick2011Active Member

Threads:
    Cheesecake. Junior's Cheesecake or The Cheesecake Factory cheesecake. I also like the box cakes. They turn out pretty well like the vanilla cakes from Pillsbury and those lemon cakes you get in the box. Once you're done baking it, just top it with some kick-ass icing. Fridge it for about an hour, and it makes a good Friday or Saturday night treat!

18. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    That looks incredibly good and moist too. I will try this with Reese peanut butter cups one day.

I've never met a cake I didn't like. I'm a lot like the green eggs and ham book in reverse when it comes to both cake and icecream. I had the best red velvet cake recently. This was the type of cake that would make you ignore everyone around you until the last bite. It had the smoothest cream cheese icing and yummiest cake. It was the kind of cake that is delicious even without the icing.

19. himali.jagma

himali.jagmaMember

Threads:
    i like dark chocolate cake for birthday

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love sweets and pastries, so I'm not really that picky when it comes to eating cake. I do prefer the round cakes as compared to those rolls, because the rolls are so light on the stomach.