Favourite Type of Cake?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by kingusama92 • Jun 2, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This recipe looks easy. It's a 5 ingredient eclair cake that you make in the refrigerator like an icebox cake.

16b07540e6809a1af684e1595d889b06.

2. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorites types of cakes are either very light fruit cakes with light cream or I prefer a very heavy and sweet red velvet cake.
    I think that red velvet cakes or even cupcakes are one of the most tastiest desserts that we have.

3. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat cakes very often because of the wheat and sugar. One of my favourite cakes is the lemon drizzle cake. I also like a blackberry cream cake with fresh blackberries.

My ultimate cake would have to be the classic carrot cake with lots of spices and a cream cheese frosting on top, delicious.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe boston cream? I don't know. I've never been a cake lover, I won't eat it unless it's amazing. So when cake has to be involved it's usually an ice cream cake :p

5. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't eat cake very often, but when I do I really like a moist carrot cake. There's so many more flavors going on with all the spices and other ingredients, that it's a lot more interesting than your plain old run of the mill chocolate or white cake. Another really good one I made recently was an olive oil cake with orange zest, topped with powdered sugar. Very moist and not as over the top sweet as most box mixes can be.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Chocolate and/or white chocolate is usually the best choice, but coffee cake is also really good. The thing is, it has to be home made for them to be good, because i really don't like the ones made in the bakeries.

7. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I'm not a big cake fan! Surprising, but I don't eat it very often. Only on special occasions like my birthday, or someone elses birthday. Usually, I just get the generic chocolate or vanilla cake with some fruits on top. I have yet to find a cake that actually makes me want to buy it.

8. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I really love carrot cake, red velvet cake or anything with buttercream in it. I think buttercream really transforms a dull cake into a moreish one!

9. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I try not to eat cake too much because of the sugar, but I do like chocolate cake and cheesecake. I also think that Dairy Queen ice cream cake is really good.

10. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I love pinapple upside down cake :).
    or tons of chocolate!

11. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    As long as it is Chocolate Variants especially Black Forest!!!

I just hate any other flavors for cakes like strawberry... I got picky since I got hooked watching Cake Boss!

12. burdianex

burdianexNew Member

Threads:
    A sansrival cake.. :) its tempting and mouth watery :)

13. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That looks yummy. Speaking of easy, I was just looking for ideas for a father's day cake and came across the easiest yet.. ice cream sandwiches stacked into a big square, covered in whipped cream and topped with crushed oreos and chocolate and caramel drizzle lol.. it would be hard to find anything easier aside from buying the cake already made. I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot poll, but the kids like the idea lol

14. sachishah

sachishahMember

Threads:
    Cake can be of many flavors. For choosing the cake for birthday some points are needed to include. First is for whom the birthday cake? Because the types and flavors are varied according to age. For kids we choose chocolate cake with shape of cartoon, toys, bike, car and many more. But for younger we can select best cake with variety of flavors as per the choice of birthday person. But for me always chocolate cake is most favorite. If anybody wants to see variety of birthday cake don't worry. You just visit this link. Here you find best birthday cakes on which bases you can select the best birthday cake.

15. jericjames10

jericjames10Member

Threads:
    My all time favorite is chocolate with dark chocolate mousse. I like cherries too.

16. himalipatel

himalipatelMember

Threads:
    Normally, i like all the flavors of cake but i like the most chocolate truffle and dark chocolate cake so i prefer one of this two for my birthday. there are lots of cake available in the market with a different concept. if i have to order for a kids i order cartoon cake and for the other persons i order depends on that person's choice.

17. NadineTorres0910

NadineTorres0910New Member

Threads:
    Sounds very interesting!

18. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've been big on cheesecakes lately and mango key lime is beyond incredible.
    Also, red velvet :).

19. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    This one is easy, it's chocolate hands down, lol. What could be better? When I was a child my favorite for my birthday was a chocolate doberge cake. Of course now I only get the squares because the cake is too rich and sweet. These days I also like to have cheesecake, but every now and then, there's no substitute for a good piece of chocolate cake!

20. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    It' s hard to pick just one cake. I love cakes... Gosh, I'll go with Blueberry cheesecake and chocolate cake. Now I'm craving for one. Can I also have carrot and banana cake on the side please.:)