Febreeze Spray

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Rhoda D'ettore • Oct 31, 2014.

1. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    I love Febreeze Spray. However, I recently saw a review where some wrote that a film builds on her hard wood floors and counter tops when she uses it. She stated she used Glade instead. Then I noticed my bathroom floor really was more slick when I used it. I did not notice this to occur anywhere else in the home, so I do not know if it is perhaps because I spray it more in the bathroom.

Have any of you noticed this?

2. Gin0710

Gin0710Active Member

Threads:
    I also heard a long time ago that Fabreeze is bad for your pets as well. There's some kind of chemical in it that makes them sick or even kills them. I am pretty sure they've improved the quality of it to make it safer for pets since then. That's just crazy about the build-up though. I think that's why I always stuck with Lisol. Because they do more than just cover up odors and it's affective.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Many scented products can leave a film and many contain unhealthy chemicals as well. I keep hearing more about how unhealthy these kinds of products are, but admittedly, I have yet to do more research. I like things that smell nice, lol. I don't want to give them up. I guess I'm going to have to find some natural products for adding fragrance though, since I really don't want to be spraying "poisons" around my house.

4. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    (Begin rant)

I bought a can of Febreeze last week, and when I tried using it, it didn't work. I tried fiddling with the spray mechanism, even swapping it out for a different nozzle altogether, nothing worked! I found out later that the can has lost its pressure. Sadly, since I fiddled with it, I can't return it to the store anymore. Wasted a few bucks on this one. :( Shame, I really like the smell it leaves.

5. Rhoda D'ettore

Rhoda D'ettoreMember

Threads:
    Natural ways to deodorize include white vinegar you spray on, and placing baking soda in the open. The baking soda will absorb the odors. I know charcoal does as well, but I do not know if they set it in packs to put out under tables or behind furniture. What about oils? I know lavender oils in the corners of the room keep mice away. What about oils for odors? I wonder.

6. milyjohnson

milyjohnsonActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't noticed that with the Febreeze spray. I would have to check the next time I used it. It works pretty well when I use it. I love the smell of it because it smells really nice. Unfortunately it doesn't last as long as they claim it will last.

7. preacherbob50

preacherbob50Member

Threads:
    I already like Rhoda! Vinegar and baking soda are a lot less expensive and do a better job. I have used Febreeze in the past but after a while the smell gets a little noxious. The vinegar thing leaves a hint of vinegar behind which goes away and leaves a natural smell.

8. Bee14

Bee14New Member

Threads:
    Febreze Spray

I used to LOVE febreze spray especially the lavender/vanilla scent.I would buy the biggest bottles I could find but I just recently found out how febreze has many chemical ingredients that are not so good for our environment.Ever since I found out how terrible the ingredients are I decided to make my own linen and room sprays with

.They smell awesome!

9. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I've never noticed this, but then again I've never used Febreeze just on it's own. When I use Febreeze it's always after I have wiped and clean the counter, and I also open up the windows because I feel like while the "fresh" scent of Febreeze is nice and makes everything smell like the mountains, it can be really overwhelming sometimes. I open up the windows to help the air get circulated, so I get both fresh air AND the Febreeze scent :)

10. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Vinegar is definitely much cheaper than using Febreeze, or any other kind of room deodorizer . We mostly just use it in the bathroom, so I think that I will try making a spray bottle of the white vinegar and see if it works for stopping odors there.
    I often use a little white vinegar when I am washing clothes that seem to have any kind of an odor, and the vinegar always helps kill the smell. I also use it in my carpet shampooer when I have to clean up a spill, or dog accident , on the floor. The white vinegar is perfect for cleaning the floor anddeororizing it.