Fedex Shipping Tracking

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Isabellas2007 • May 18, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I recently came across this problem. FedEx site will not update properly for the shipping. I was supposed to have a couple of products come via Fedex, but they came via USPS. This is fine because the product came, but it was delivered to the POST OFFICE of all things instead of my home about five miles away.

2. l33t

l33tMember

Threads:
    If you order by FedEx online, chances are that they always ship using USPS. The company is pretty bad with tracking because they receive many different orders that aren't shipped by them. I agree that delivering it to the post office was unusual.

3. Isabellas2007

Threads:
    Yes, it was. Thankfully the other item was supposed to come by them and did come by FedEx so I got lucky there! It was actually an Amazon order that for some reason had a different way to reach me then what it was supposed to I guess.

4. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    There are some packages and companies that actually are or have contracted their deliveries where UPS, FedEx and the like, only ship to a certain point and then they switch it off to the USPS. Perhaps, that is what happened with your packages.

5. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    So even though you pay a lot more to get your package shipped by FedEx, you're actually paying for USPS First Class/Priority or Express? What a scam!

6. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    This is the first time I've heard of this. Whenever I opt for FedEx, it always arrives at my doorstep, no question. There are the expensive customs fees, but they never just deliver to our post office o_O.

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I think they do this to save gas money. I heard they were cutting back as much as possible. My friend works there and she said they do this all the time. It's funny how you order something with one company, and they turn around to give it to another. It creates work for USPS, so I guess it can't be that bad. I still think they should have delivered the package themselves. That's just being lazy on the companies part by not warning you they would ship it USPS.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Considering that FedEx probably did the express part that you were paying for, it's really not that big of a deal. You want the package right? You'll usually have more time to pick up or make arrangements with the USPS than you would with FedEx.

9. Isabellas2007

Threads:
    Yes, it is a pain and does seem to be a lot like a scam. Now this is what ticks me off because the drop off takes an extra day in the shipping process and really messes up the shipping tracking in my experience.

10. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    I've had bad experiences with FedEx too. I actually hate getting anything mailed by FedEx because they are really slow. I've found that their delivery dates are always off. My items will always come late. Not to mention that I will usually receive my items before they finally update their tracking. I am definitely a USPS or UPS kind of girl. I want my tracking information to be correct and up-to-date.

11. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    [video=youtube;PKUDTPbDhnA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKUDTPbDhnA[/video]

HONEY, I'M HOME!

12. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I would be a bit peeved that my item was delivered to the post office. I'm thinking I'd call the company and request part of my shipping back since you have to figure in the cost of gas to go pick it up.

13. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    This makes me feel better. i thought when I ordered items through Amazon, and chose Fed EX as the shipment method, mine to was shipped via USPS. I figured I consistently made an error that I was not catching.

If a company is contracted to ship through a specific method, I think the company should make the customer aware of the correct shipment method.

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    That's horrible. Is there any way you can contact their customer service department and explain what happened? FedEx has been getting a bad rap lately and they might give you some type of credit for future purchases. Most companies have departments that deal with this type of error all of the time. I'm sure they would want to make it right.

15. mirage1440

mirage1440Member

Threads:
    I've had some weird times with shipping lately. We had to send our Dish Network receiver back, and the woman said it would be sent UPS. We don't have a FedEx store near us, we have to drive like a half-hour away, so I assumed it would be able to be returned by UPS also. Well, when the shipping label came, I didn't even read it and took it to the UPS store, where they promptly told me it had to be mailed via FedEx. I was not happy...