Fever

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Gelsemium • Mar 13, 2015.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So I didn't go to work today because my younger kid has a fever. It has been growing so I am only giving him meds to lower it and so far no doctor. How much time do you wait before going to the doctor in case of fever?

2. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I find this suggestion from WebMD about when to take a person to the doctor when having fever.
    For infant take the baby immediately to the hospital if his temperature is 100.4 F.
    For younger children 104 F is the benchmark.
    Also if the patient is accompanied by other symptoms such as rashes, sore throats, headaches, extreme vomiting, and bleeding you should take him to hospital as soon as possible.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never got to the point of taking them in. We would give them a cool bath and do everything possible to keep the temp down (fought temperature with temperature) and it always worked. Hope he's feeling better soon.. his body is protecting him from something though.. hopefully you already know what that is and he's getting back to himself by the time you read this :)

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, my parents would usually wait a couple days unless we really started to become sick or the symptoms were serious. Giving the kid cool baths and compresses does help along with plenty of liquids. Kepp in mind that a fever is another way the body has of warding off an infection, which is why its usually a sign that there is one in the body. Also, be careful with medication in lowering the fever, pain relievers such as Aspirin have been known to cause other disorders in the body in children with fevers.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Not yet, not yet, he's still with relatively high fevers, so I hope he's better tomorrow because it's the 4th day and unless the fever comes down I really need to take him to the doctor. I already know it's a huge cold, he's been releasing a big amount of green stuff from his nose...