Fill up?

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by Strykstar • Jul 17, 2014.

1. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    When you go to pump gas, do you fill up your tank all the way? Or just enough for a while?
    I usually pump enough gas to last me a week of going to and from work, it's a bit easier for me to be aware of my costs this way as opposed to filling up all the way.
    I'll fill up if gas is much cheaper that week but that happens very rarely.

2. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    In Theory I would love to fill up my car to the max. The only challenge is when I get home I have a few people in my family that drive as well. So as they notice if the cars filled up to the brink they generally take advantage of the situation. So whenever they take the car it usually comes back empty or a lot more guess that I would like has been used up. So to avoid being in situations like this I usually just pop up just enough to get me by certain distances. I usually have enough gas for about 2 to 3 days

3. Livvy

LivvyActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly never appreciated how much my parents were spending on just driving me around to school, my friends and such until I started driving myself. It's ridiculous! I'd always return the car with fuel in it though, or at least a little bit. I swear though, I would end up putting money into that thing and when I went back to drive it, there'd be nothing left, even though no one was driving it.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Usually I keep my tank around empty. However, it's not good for it. At the least it should have a quarter tank in it.. Of course, some advocate having more than a quarter tank, but I have heard that a completely full tank is a bad thing.

Oh, by the way, of course running on empty when you don't understand your vehicle's driving habits can cause you to run out. For instance, two USD in gas is normally all it takes for one trip to a neighboring town. I know that if I make two trips or go further on one trip then it's it could run out.

5. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is our habit to get a tankfull when we fill up because we are measuring our gas consumption. Our small car gets 9.5 kilometers per liter while our SUV gets 5 kilometers per liter on the average. When the consumption gets noticeably higher, we make an evaluation. Keeping track of the consumption is one way of checking the health of the car. And we can only check it when we get a full tank.

6. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I usually get full tank only when travelling long distance. Otherwise half tank lasts me for short daily journeys.

I fill up of certain amount that I know will come for me for a week or so. I never let the gas go real low though.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    It all depended on how much money I had available. If I only had enough for a days worth than that's all I would fill which was usually my case most of the time. Now I don't own a car but I think my habit would still be the sale. I would only fill it up if the gas was cheaper just like yourself.