Film Adaptation You'd Like To See Next

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by DrRipley • Apr 18, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've now become a bit more choosy when it comes to paying money at the cinema to watch a movie because I found that I was mostly watching a lot of them more as a requirement rather than a personal decision, so now I stick mostly to the films that I know I'll love and the rest I just wait for a home release which nowadays is just a few months away anyway. That said, it's why I'm reminded of the adaptation movies that I actually want to see get made, like maybe Spawn, Hellboy 3, Venom, etc.

What are some film adaptations you'd be willing to pay full price for?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm willing to see a string of Disney and Pixar animated films (well those studios hardly disappoint) and live action films of my favorite Japanese mangas and animes like Rurouni Kenshin and Kuroshitsuji. As for the X-Men, Avengers, Spiderman and Batman movie franchises, I don't think I'd go out of my way to watch those films at the cinema. I'd wait for streaming sites to release DVD copies then.

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I'd love to see my favorite book "The Catcher in the Rye" be adapted into a film. It's a classic book, so why film producers wouldn't want to make it into a movie?

4. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Is nothing a valid answer? With so many adaptation left and right, I really would rather see an original script as opposed to someone adapting a work.. I got so tired of the movies mostly just being very lacking adaptations of their source material, that the last movie I've seen was... atl east 3 years ago, actually..

5. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    J D Salinger's the catcher in the rye is definitely a classic but will now forever be associated with the murder of John Lennon. After shooting Lennon his killer Mark Chapman stood at the scene reading the book.

I wonder if that is why the book has never been adapted in to a film, in case it causes offence to Lennon's family and fans. There seem to be some connections between Chapman's life and the lead character in the book. The catcher in the rye has sold 65 million copies and is still popular today with young readers as the novel deals with subjects such as identity, belonging, loss, and alienation.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, it has become pretty controversial since then, but I don't think it's the reason why the film has not been adapted into a movie yet. There are a lot of way more controversial films out there than The Catcher in the Rye. And the book/story doesn't have anything to do with the murder of John Lennon, anyway. So I guess the family, friends, and fans of John Lennon shouldn't get offended. I'm a fan of him by the way.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would like to see a new contemporary version of 'Gone with the Wind' because I think it could have a new twist with the characters and how they could be portrayed.

It would be hard to follow with such a classic film, but I think there are enough actors that could pull it off.

8. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    Definitely "When" by Victoria Laurie. The suspense would be perfect for a film. I've imagined the plot in my head the whole time I was readng it. I finished the book in one sitting because that's just how exciting it is. It's not the typical young adult romance novel because it centers on a more serious issue and not much on romance. I love romantic films but I've read and watched too many and I think a change would be nice.

9. teabwoi

teabwoiActive Member

Threads:
    I think that I would like to see the game Assassins Creed made into a movie, especially the second one. The game is really good and it is almost like a movie already I just think that now they just need to make it into one.

10. yvannahgeorgianne

yvannahgeorgianneNew Member

Threads:
    I'd love to see the sequel of Lily Collin's movie, Mortal Instrument: City of Bones. Sadly, I've heard it got a lot of bad reviews so the sequel might not happen anytime soon. I'm also looking forward to the Fallen book series of Lauren Kate being a movie. There are already rumors of it having a film adaptation and the fans, including me, were more than ecstatic!

11. bodiesstretch

bodiesstretchNew Member

Threads:
    At this point I could honestly go for any adaptation as long as it isn't a comic book super hero movie. There are just too many of them. If I had tho choose though, I'd choose film adaptations of folklore belonging to different countries. Especially from ones that are not that well known.

12. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with Hellboy 3 and I'd like to see a movie adaptation of this crazy novel I read called Beat the Reaper where a former Mafia hitman goes into witness protection working as a surgeon and manages to cover it up until he has to do surgery on one of the guys from his old gang ,and the guy snitches on him and brings a bunch of thugs to the hospital.
    It's crazy to see how he uses his medical knowledge of the human body to rip out one of his own leg bones and use it as a weapon. He has to do that because he's so lethal that the thugs even took his clothes when they captured him ,since he can turn anything into a weapon.

13. serbog

serbogMember

Threads:
    Well the movie wasn't made into a movie because the author Salinger said that he didn't want to make a movie. I think they were just about the make the movie but he didn't gave the author rights for it. And now that he is dead maybe they will make a movie, but I don't really want it to be ruined by a movie.