Finding A Hair In Your Food

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Miaka_M • May 12, 2015.

1. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    That is one of my biggest pet peeves ever! For some it's no big deal since "it's just hair" but it's the most disgusting thing for me. If it's my hair that's on the plate or food, it's still disgusting but I move on from it immediately. If it's in a restaurant or if the food was made by someone else and it's not my hair on the food, the food isn't even edible for me anymore. I've sent back food to the restaurants kitchen several times because of this and I don't regret anything. They should always be clean and professional and having even just a tiny eyelash hair on their food isn't something I can let go of so easily. There are so much bacteria and germs on hair so it's really disgusting for me.

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on where I am, who I'm with and my current mood. Usually, I don't make a big fuss out of finding hair in my food unless there's a ton of it. I mean, if it's just a single strand, I can just close my eyes, take a deep breath and throw the hair away. I don't want to call the manager (if I'm in a fastfood or resto) and embarrass him in front of other people. That would be inhumane even though it's my right. For all you know it's an honest mistake. I'd rather suck it up and express my complaints through the feedback form.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    I would definitely complain to the staffs or even the manager but I will not make a huge scene out of it. If they will offer me free food, then that's great but if not, then I will just ask for a refund and lead my way to the exit. It's very unsanitary.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I found hair on the food that I bought as take-out. I just removed the hair and "spooned out" the part where the hair came in contact with the food. I'm not that finicky in that aspect. However, if I saw an insect, whether dead or alive in my food, then for sure I will complain politely and ask for a replacement.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ughhh I hate finding hair in my food!!!! If I know it's mine, it's sort of ok.... But if it's someone else's I usually lose my appetite!

6. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    That actually happened to me twice in one week at different restaurants. Both times, I calmly alerted the waitress and was given a free meal. Yeah it can be gross, but at the same time, people make mistakes and it is just hair. There is nothing worse than someone overreacting to a problem that could be easily solved.

7. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have had this happen before but I made sure it was not my own hair as it was a different color. I didn't make a scene but I did let the workers know and all was okay as they just replaced it. It's nit a huge deal but I was hungry and I wasn't going to pay for another order.

8. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    What you should do is look at the packaging and call the number from the product the hair came in. Explain your situation or e-mail them a picture of it. They will most likely send you some free products or refund your money in coupons. They usually want to keep their customers so they'll most likely give you some sort of compensation. You should always file a complaint. It will benefit you.

9. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If it's a loose hair in the restaurant's food, what I would do is to point it out to the server and ask for a replacement. But the food in question should stay on the table. If it is worse than hair like a fly or any other insect, no questions asked.... just leave and never come back.