Finding Cheap Workout Clothing

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by danielle davidson • Jul 11, 2015.

1. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A lot of people who get into working out feel like they need the best trainers and such, and they may if they are going to start lifting, and need to have a lot of grip on their footwear. But most of the time, you can wear almost anything that will allow you to move freely and be flexible, and it doesn't have to cost a lot of money. I have gotten workout clothing from Matalan, TK Maxx and Sports direct. JJB too, before the company liquidated.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, that's a really good point I never would have considered. I'll have to see some local options in those regards. Thank you for the unique tip :)

3. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    I usually go thrift shopping to find cheap work out clothes. I find the best workout sweats and pants at stores like Savers and Goodwill and for tops I tend to lean towards user based thrift websites such as Poshmark or Depop. To be honest though, I find that I usually just wear a regular t shirt and short comfortable shorts when working out because I don't like feeling too constricted.

4. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    I agree about the thrift shops. You wouldn't believe some of the things I found for so cheap. My ex roommate found a pair of Gap pants, with the tags on, for 25 cents. When I'm looking for new clothes, Its the first place I go. Unless I'm shopping for underwear or socks. I go to Wal-mart for those.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know why you would need to have any brand name workout clothes when generic brands will do the same job. I can't be bothered paying any attention to labels. I buy what feels and looks good to me. That's usually natural cotton. I just bought a great pair of yoga pants for only $25, and I am very happy with them. They feel like pajamas and look so good that I can even wear them going out for lunch.

6. LilAnn

LilAnnActive Member

Threads:
    You are so lucky! If I put on yoga pants, I'm not going anywhere. I wouldn't make anyone look at me that way. Thats also why I work out by myself. I guess I'm ridiculous for feeling this way, but I don't want to work out around anyone else, until I look good enough that I don't need to work out lmao

7. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    Champion is sold at Target and is good value for the work out clothes. I really like the yoga pants and buy a few pairs when they go on sale. Also check Costco, they'll have brand name athletic clothes at a very good price. I've picked up Reebok and Adidas shorts for my husband for around $15 a pair. Outlet shopping at the end of season will also get you good prices.

8. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I usually go to thrift stores! I have found some brand new running pants that would have cost me $40 at a thrift store. They still had the tags on them! Trust me! You will find some good deals there. Remember when people buy all of that running gear thinking they will work out after New Year's? Yeah, that never happens and their workout clothes get sent to the thrift shop!

9. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I find these days EVERYONE has a workout brand.
    I like to try big box stores like Wal-Mart or target.
    I got 2 pairs of basketball shorts and 4 plains t's for like $50 last time I went!

10. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    Second hand stores are often absolutely great for workout clothing, and sometimes even places like TK Maxx are great for affordable clothing. Honestly, if you want the cheapest option, you could just avoid buying proper workout clothing, and wear leggings and a t-shirt or some shorts and a t-shirt which you can move around easily in. May not look incredible, but it would definitely be the cheapest option if you don't want to spend a lot. I would also recommend buying something cheap from Primark for those who live in the UK.

11. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I really like the Gap outlet for workout clothes. They often have a lot of great sales and you can use a coupons for an additional percentage off. The quality there is also pretty good. I love their yoga pants and sports bras.

Another place you can look is TJMAXX or Marshalls. They have a lot of great brands and quality items for inexpensive. However, a lot of times the selection at these stores isn’t as great.

12. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't understand why people feel the need to buy clothes for working out, when they could just use a t shirt that they have in the wardrobe. I wear practically anything I like, and simply put it in the washing machine when I am done. People who buy workout gear probably waste more money in the long term because they aren't able to wear the clothes that they have bought on many occasions.

13. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never shopped Gap Outlet, I'll have to look into that. I just signed up for them and am supposed to be getting a code for 15% off. I'll use that when I get some money. For now, I just want to browse and see what they've got. The holiday has depleted my budget for now. I'm still looking for walking shoes, as well. I am having the most difficult time finding them. I used to always wear Avia before I switched to Puma and Rocket Dog, so I tried on those, as well as some Danskins, but nothing is comfortable. I'm going to continue to wear my broken down old shoes until I find some that are comfortable, because at least they don't make my feet hurt.

14. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    Another great place to get work out clothes is the Adidas outlet. I find that certain times of year they will have sales on the entire store including clearance items. In addition if you buy your work out clothes off season (shorts in the winter, hoodies in the summer etc) you can get brand name items at low prices.

15. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Like most everyone I go to secondhand stores like Savers right in our neighborhood. They had a 50% sale on Veterans day too! Ross Dept. Store has Senior Citizen discount days on Tuesdays so I save here too as well. There are good bargains at Walmart if you window shop you'll find many good prices and sometimes they have mark-downs too. You know what...I got my first Lee jeans at Savers and they fit well and has lasted over 3 years without much wear!

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I usually just find my items in an outlet store as they are fairly cheap over there but if I can't find any there then I'd just probably settle for cheaper generic items from local stores that offer it. I think they are of less quality and they probably won't last as long but generic brand clothing tend to be very cheap so it's not that big of a loss. I'd say it probably just equals buying a good product that lasts forever in the long run, but this way you get a bit more variety as you could get many that you can interchange everyday as opposed to just having one or two.