Finding Deals In Your Junk Mail

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Dec 7, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Few people ever read their junk/spam mail because they don't think they'll see anything they'll like. However since most spam mail is promoting some product or service fact is once if you take a look at the spam mail you get regularly, odds are at one time you'll find a great deal because it's not only scammers who'll send you mail. Legit online retailers can obtain your email address from one of their affiliates and to get you to buy their products they'll send you emails and to convince you to buy something they'll offer discounts . . .

Don't miss out on great deals. Check your spam/junk mail from time to time. You never know what you'll find.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I regularly check on my junk mail which I get about 10 mails in a week. But I had never chanced upon a good offer because most of those I read in the spam box are scams and the spams (offers) are not applicable in our country. But one time I received a promo of a plane ticket. Unfortunately, the period of travel did not coincide to my intended vacation. I also advice my friends to check on their junk mail because something good might come up.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, most of my junk mail goes straight to my junk mail folder. As far as retailers like Amazon, they send me masses of junk email each and every week. Well, each day, especially at this time since it is Christmas time at the moment. Then we had Black Friday and Cyber Monday recently, and they were just spamming my email with supposed deals and offers. I ignore and delete all of them.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I get so much junk mail that if there is a good deal in there I will never know. It is too time consuming to go thru all of that junk to find a good deal. In fact some of the stuff I get emailed about should not be taken as being serious, just an attempt to get my money or my information.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I look at Junk Mail too. I have rarely found anything valuable in there, but coupons that come in the mail that is another story. they are almost always good!

6. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Maybe worth it for some - but as virtually all my junk mail is absolute garbage I doubt I'm missing much by deleting it and certainly nothing of any value

Either way much as I appreciate the tip - as time is extremely precious to me - I have to be honest and say - that plowing through my junk mail in the hope of finding a deal would to me be false economy - as apart from the fact that the possible savings that may or may not be there - are unlikely to be enough to warrant the extra time needed to sift through all the trash - but when I do actually need to buy something - I'm usually able to pick up an excellent bargain - without having to waste valuable time doing it

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I have to admit that I am terrible about checking my spam folder. I get so much junk mail in that folder that it would take me a long time to sift through it all. Every once in a while I will skim through it to see if something catches my eye. I am good at checking my physical mail junk mail though and find a lot of hidden coupons and deals that way.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do this as well. I like checking my spam folder from time to time to see if any important mail got through. I know there probably be won't but even then I kind of enjoy reading through what spammers are doing nowadays anyway. From time to time I'll spot a few newsletters in there from my favorite online store and there have been times I've missed out on a few sales just because they were sent to my spam folder and it is actually the main reason why I now check my spam folder regularly or at least whenever I remember it.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:No thanks not me no looking at junk mail for me. I'd rather search online at a search engine for new things I might want to buy for it's safer. I don't have the luxury of time for I borrow library computers, so I delete all junk mail.:rolleyes:

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you, @Denis Hard, it does pay to just take a minute to run your eye over some of your junk mail as you're deleting it. I have found out about some great deals via my junk folder, because I almost always check through my spam. just a minute to run a cursory eye over it is all it takes me. It certainly doesn't hurt, and every little helps, right?

11. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My gmail does let some emails slip into the spam folder so I do check every now and then. Sometimes I find a coupon or coupon code that is useful, and around my birthday I check too, because many send offers in a birthday email. I often get offers from restaurants, and my daily horoscope sends offers of free readings sometimes, which I don't mind doing for fun.

12. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I may sometime read a spam email when I see the number of spam emails increasing, it's not time yet for Gmail to delete them automatically, and I'm waiting for an email that should arrive but not yet, and therefore it goes to the spam box.

When this happen, if there is any spam message that catch my eye, I may open it, but lately most spammers are using excess animated emoji in their subject lines making predictable the content has nothing that is worth the reading.

13. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So far the deals that get sent to me all go to my inbox and so far I haven't received a good email deal that was sent to the spam folder. I always check my spam folder from time to time to see if there were important mails that get sent tnere, and so far no good deals get sent to the spam folder. That's a good tip, though.

14. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I ignore my junk mail most of the time, but sometimes I see offers that are actually useful for me, so I really shouldn't ignore them quite so much. One of the things that I found was half price at somewhere where I eat at a lot, so that saved me a fair amount of money that I would have lost otherwise. I still throw my junk mail away most of the time, but this means that I might be missing out on offers that could save me a lot of money.