Finding Greats Via Ads?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Sep 22, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One thing I've never failed to notice is that if you look at ads which are displayed on sites you visit, some of them are enticing enough to make you want to click on them.

Since an advertiser wants your money they can make some wild claims but to avoid wasting your time, take a look at the ad,, read all the text carefully to find out if what you are getting is a real deal not those deals which have some conditions attached to them and then afterwards buy the product/item/service after you've ascertained the deal is real.

Read the fine print.

2. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    While I am sure certain advertisements do bring us to good deals, I guess the main reason why many avoid them is because of the fear that they may be scams or links to some other dodgy websites. There are just far too many phantom advertisements that leads the unknowing buyer to some random malicious website that either tries to steal personal information or tries to give you free products in the form of viruses or useless e-books. That said, there are genuine advertisements out there as well, but I just prefer to err on the side of caution.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm always suspicious of deals and immediately go to the small print. Usually there is some catch and while they have the hit, they don't convert. Those who do manage to 'trick' people end up getting bad reviews and their SEO goes wild with the tag 'review' or complaint.

I did notice this with a 'free sample' offer where you paid shipping, but they billed your card each month for more supplies until you cancelled. There is no small print until you actually checkout as I read the reviews, but there was no small print to read on the actual pages or any link either. Be wary of less than transparent companies, because if they had added the small print, no one would sign up or check out. This does deliberately mislead people, so as the saying goes; 'If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.'

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. Sometimes they put in the fine print and some of them do not. I think it's much better for them to put all their details in because not doing so would just make people click on their ads even if it eventually turns out to be uninteresting to them. This will just end up costing them ad money which they could have saved themselves, so at the end of the day it benefits both consumer and company. I think the only ones who don't put enough details in their ads are the cosines that are hoping to get lucky by the sheer number of clicks they get, and it's those types of combines that are probably best to stay away from.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For me I don't bother with these ads since I don't click on them anyway. Always remember that if it's too good to be true, then it probably is, so you have to make sure of the terms of the purchase in question.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm never enticed to click on an ad at all. They're just annoying and I tend to ignore them. In any case, they are never really offering what they say they are - there are always a wealth of terms and conditions attached.

7. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It is very very rare that I ever want to click an advertisement. Usually I am on a site for something specific, and I am on a mission, so to speak. You do sometimes see the odd advertisement that may look enticing, I admit, but never enticing enough for me to want to click it. I don't trust most of the advertisements that I see, and if I had wanted to be advertised to, I would have gone looking for the products lol.

8. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you mean the popup ads, no, I don't read them. But the ads on the sites that I visit, particularly this site, I sometimes check. But since I am not in the US, almost always those ads don't apply to me. And when there are items that catch my fancy, I look it up in stores here. Like that jegging which I saw in one site, there is a local online shop that sells it although I still have to clarify on the size, what size fits me.