Fine Dining Or Fast Food?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by pwarbi • Oct 11, 2016.

1. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    The quality of the food is often the same. However, some people like to get personal attention. In addition, a more expensive restaurant is more appropriate for a date with your wife or girlfriend.

2. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I definitely choose fine dining over fast food since food are mostly great in fine dinings as well as their service. Although I don't eat a lot at expensive restaurants in light of the fact that they are pricey and wouldn't want to spend much just for food and I don't think some are worth it especially with the food that are in a very small amount yet with the price of a gold. That's why instead of going to fine dinings, we just tend to go to the grocery and just cook food that they serve in fine dinings so we can save a lot :)

3. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Generally speaking, you can definitely save money by eating fast food, and you can save even more money by eating at home. Note some US restaurants, like IHOP, for instance, have become way too expensive. Those places have to be saved for special occasions only. Other fine dining establishments, like the Waffle House, for instance, are often as cheap as McDonalds, depending on what you order.

Of course, with fine dining you have to leave a tip, with the size dependent on the guests present. That makes fine dining ever more difficult to deal with, mainly because the price is already thru the roof. Nonetheless, a customer should always give at least a decent tip as that's often a huge percentage of the server's wage.

4. DMlad

DMladNew Member

Threads:
    I do not have much time which is why I usually eat fast food, even though that is a bad idea. It is faster and cheaper and I do not think it is too bad if you exercise properly.

5. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    I try to avoid fast food as much as possible, and I do pretty well and I rarely feel the need. They are nice in a pinch though, and we all know those happen. Fine dining can be expensive though, so it is best left as a treat or a special occasion.

6. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I might go to a certain high-priced restaurant to check out the food, but certainly not just
    to be able to say, "I went to..."
    That being said, a restaurant has to have a really great reputation for me to want to eat there and spend my money. I'm very leery of "is there a lack of cleanliness when it comes to my food preparation?"
    Also, I don't like people touching my food, hovering over it, walking past it at groin level (just saying).

I remember watching a TV talk show, and they were doing a segment on the kitchen of a famous restaurant.
    It was at night, the place was packed, people waiting on their food in this upscale place.

The cameras were 'rolling' in the kitchen, and what is one of the chefs doing while cooking food over the flames from the burners of the gas stove? Sweatingo_O:eek:.
    Sweat dripping from his forehead as he's standing there preparing Meal. After. Meal.
    Even the talk-show host made a joke about 'sweat' being served with the food.

I just can't. No, thank you.

I love to cook, LOVE it, so I like to do all of the cooking for me and mine. If there is something that I want to eat, but I don't know how to cook it, I'll look up the recipe in one of my handy-dandy cookbooks, or I'll find the recipe via one the many Internet cooking videos.

Every now and then I'll go out to eat, but it is rare.
    I like a Big Mac every now and then, but I don't "trust" it, lol, I just hope for the best.