Finger Hut And Stores Like It

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Rosyrain • Mar 25, 2015.

1. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I recently got approved for some credit through an online store called Seventh Avenue, which is a lot like Finger Hut. Have any of your purchased products through these retailers, are the products nice or cheaply made? I have my eye on a skillet that I want to buy, but do not want to have to send it back for being a piece of junk.

2. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I used to have a Fingerhut account years ago. I purchased a sewing machine that I still have today and it works just fine.

As with all online order businesses do your research by checking out reviews from other customers. Checkout the website. See if there is a Better Business Bureau rating as well. Before purchasing any item read the return policy. I would stay away from unknown brands too.

3. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    I used Fingerhut a long time ago, also. We bought my mother in law a stereo with a turn table and she still uses it. There were a few things I bought from them that were cheaply made (couch covers, etc) but not so bad I wanted to send them back. They actually never disappointed me at all.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have purchased some good products from Fingerhut and there were also some that were a little on the cheap side. It is a good source of products for everyone to use to get the things they want for their home or clothes for the family.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I like Seventh Avenue. I think my mom bought some pots from there, and some other things for the kitchen. Some things are made better than others, but I don't think they sell out and out junk. I think it just depends on what you buy.
    I got Seventh Avenue catalogs in the mail for years, and wouldn't hesitate to buy from them. If you're really leery, just make sure they have a return policy that you are comfortable with before buying in case you want to return something.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In my opinion ,they don't have the best deals on certain items. Plus they sell on credit, so you owe them monthly payments and interest, just like a credit card.
    It's better to buy good quality pans one by one than to buy a cheap set of pans and owe Fingerhut payments and interest.

7. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I ended up buying a kiwi green cooking pot from Home By Five, which is like Finger Hut and paid half down. The pot is really nice and I was happy with the purchase. I will be paying the rest off on my next payday so that I do not have a lingering bill to worry about.

8. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of Seventh Avenue but I used to be with Fingerhut. I was newly on my own and didn't have anything so I purchased stuff from them. BUT, wouldn't do it now. The prices are way too much for certain items and what you end up paying in the long run isn't worth it. It's better to simply save your money and buy it cash or put it on layaway if it's an option.

9. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Is FingerHut still around? I used to see them and hear them years ago, but now it is Amazon and eBay that I hear of most often. My bankruptcy is not seven years yet to get a credit card, but then again, I don't want to have them in my wallet either.

10. Brenda Barnousky

Brenda BarnouskyActive Member

Threads:
    You took the words right out of my mouth. These companies are a lot like rent-to-own.I realize they need to make a profit, and I don't begrudge them that, but they are really expensive to deal with. They will charge you almost double for an item that you could save your money for and buy at Walmart for a much lower price. Personally I wouldn't.

11. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    Oh those rent to own places are horrible. I mean, I get needing a bed or a refrigerator etc, but TV's, radios, video game consoles? People get sucked in and think they're getting a deal and dont realize they're paying an exaggerated amount way more than they normally would! My mom fell for this once. She had just moved and didnt have living room furniture. I told her to just get some lawnchairs until she saved up. That it would give it this an island feel (we're in PR). But nope. When she went they asked for all sorts of reference. I mean, the application was ridiculous. The whole time Im telling her it was a bad idea but she did it anyway. After two or three months I asked her how much she had paid so far and when she told me I showed her a store circular with a full living room set for that amount. (She had only rented a love seat and a couch). She finally took my advice and returned everything.

12. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    We don't really have places like this in the UK most of the places that offer online credit tend to be selling brand name. I always find it safest to do my research everything and anything I plan to buy because we returning stuff online is the biggest hassle I have ever faced. Read online reviews and ask in other forums as well just to be safe.

13. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't thought about Fingerhut in years, until I recently started getting spam from them. I bought some things from there when I was a lot younger, but never again. I don't like paying several times the amount for something than what it's worth. If I can't afford something I want, I would rather just save up for it. I don't really know how companies get away with this kind of stuff. There must be loopholes in the usury laws, because that's really what it is.