Fire Place

Discussion in Heating started by JoushaP • Nov 5, 2016.

1. JoushaP

JoushaPNew Member

Threads:
    Doesn't anyone here still use a fire place to warm up The House? I understand that some people live in a apartment complex and a fire place is not available, but that's how we use to keep warm before electricity was discovered. Has gotten that bad to where we now have to buy heat and appliances to stay warm?

I have never lived in a snow like environment, so I can't fathom the thought or freezing. But it just seems like the most economical way to heat your home.

2. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    There are fireplaces in some homes which are constructed of stone and have a chimney to direct the smoke outside. In our kitchen, we use dry firewood for cooking and heating. These are cheap and last longer since the coals and embers ensure continual heating.

3. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I wish homes here came with built in fire places , that would be nice. I think fire places make a come feel more comfortable and actually a good way to save a bit of money if the heater isn't on. My dream is to one day own my own home with a fire place, it would be nice for the winter.

4. JoushaP

JoushaPNew Member

Threads:
    I remember my mom would actually close up the house and bedroom at night. She would then light up a few candles to keep the room warm. You know what, that works actually. Low tech is the cheapest and sometimes free if you know where to look.