Firecrackers Ban

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Alexandoy • Jan 9, 2017.

1. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Firecrackers in our country emerge in the limelight during the New Year and other local festivities called town fiesta. In the recent New Year’s eve, the firecrackers and fireworks were obviously lessened to a high degree because the department of health has been campaigning against the use of firecrackers and fireworks for the occasion. It is a tradition in our country to make noise so the incoming year will be prosperous.

Come to think of it, I used to spend a lot for fireworks. It would be a big savings if the ban on firecrackers will take effect this year of 2017.

2. Nakitakona

NakitakonaActive Member

Threads:
    2017 seems to be an isolated revelries in our local place as far as firecrackers and fireworks are concerned. The members of my family are uneasy for this scenario. We couldn't appreciate much of the coming of the New Year 2017. As far as tradition is concerned, the people are worrying and kids especially. Anyway, this is the new beginning of no firecrackers/fireworks show to usher the coming of the New Year.

3. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    On the contrary in my place we need no ocassion to get the firework aired. Marriages, birthday parties local holidays, you name it and is full of firecrackers!

People are misusing them. They are not just costly but emit harmful substances and also can give heart attacks to poor birds but then humans never care, do they?

Firecrackers should be reserved for only national holidays or worldwide occasions, in my opinion.

4. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    This Christmas and New Years celebration was full of fire crackers here and even a few days after. Kids are even aloud to buy them in the mini stores around the corner. I am very careful though as I have heard if many accidents having to do with them. I guess they are far from banned here since they are good money makers for business' here.

5. TheKnight

TheKnightActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think it will ever happen here because stores make too much money at the end of the year. People every single day start igniting firecrackers starting December until January 7th. It's ridiculous so I have to close the windows so the smoke won't get in or so the sound won't be too harsh and I waste money by turning on the AC or fans since it becomes hot if the windows are closed. There should be a limit.