First Copy Of Shoes: Are They Legal?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by naruto100 • Apr 26, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    Hello Everyone

I have seen some people here wearing first copy of big branded shoes. Means same logo of company same name but it is surely not original one. It is first copy which is almost same as original. Price wise too one can buy it in really cheap price. I mean one may get the first copy in 60 to 70% discount in compare to original one. So quite worthy.

But I always thinks that is it legal? I mean using same logo , name and design. Are they legal?

2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    To be frank I never gave it a thought. But I suppose that since this is being done publicly and there is nothing hidden - I mean that every one knows that it is not original but first copy, then it is not illegal. It may not be legal, but it is not punishable by law.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @anupamas2@anupamas2 I thought it exactly. I mean they are using their logos and name, then how can they sell it publicly. But as they are doing normally and that also without any problem then even I think it should be okay. It is quite confusing. As if we think logically it sounds illegal. But as things are going it seems totally fine.

#3Apr 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    Of course it's not legal, it's copyright infringement, and you certainly won't see those shoes being sold inside malls that have a strict rule for selling counterfeit items. I don't own one yet, but I don't mind buying one either just because it's cheap and to see if they're at least durable and made of good quality materials even if they're cheap.

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Even I haven't experience any of them yet, but I have seen this trend that people are buying such first copy to save the money. I have heard that they are getting sell publicly, I wonder how. Yes they are breaking copyright rule and I still wonder how they can sell that easily.

#5May 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2017
  6. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    I only know of the US and the UK being strict with copyright infringement. In 3rd world countries or in Asia, not as much. China is the main creator of all counterfeit items, and they just export it to other countries. Over here the government is quite lax in stopping the selling of such items, and you can even see those counterfeit items in malls, kiosks, and even on the side of the street. I myself buy a lot of pirated discs, both for the TV and the PC.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @moneymania@moneymania Yes that may be true. I have seen here the usage of these thing is getting higher. May be people are not selling such stuff in shop but still people are getting them easily. And people are buying them too as they exactly look like original and available in very less price compare to original.

#7May 6, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  8. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    On the outside, it doesn't look the same because the discs are packaged differently than the original ones, they are usually just in plastic covering with labels. But the blue ray ones are packaged better. And it is quite cheap to buy a blue ray disc too, you can get around 6 movies for $2 only, and the quality of the audio is really great, and with proper subtitles too.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    It's not legal I have seen people being thrown in jail and fined for this type of infringement on numerous occasions. These items are deemed to be counterfeit goods. Counterfeit goods are usually of an inferior quality which is sold under another brand's name without that brand's approval. The counterfeit goods trade is the largest underground industry worldwide.

10. kamai

kamaiActive Member

Threads:
    I have owned a couple of such shoes since they were cheap and to my surprise long lasting. I never really thought about them being legal or not since they are sold publicly. But now that I think about it such shoes are only sold at swapmeets or flee markets from what I have noticed. There they sell copies of many items and products but I have never heard of anyone getting in trouble for it. I guess the reason is that the copied items always have something different from the originals, for example Jansport backpacks were so popular but very expensive back when I was in high school some would purchase copies and everyone would notice they were copies since those didn't have a black thick backing as for the real ones did.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @explorerx7@explorerx7 Yes it is not legal. But I am wonder if anyone went to jail for this thing at my country. Or may be I haven't heard about them. But here they are getting sell and people are buying it too. They are almost look like original and they have the brand logo as well. That's why I asked if it is legal or not.

#11May 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017
  12. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    This is such a good and most fascinated stuff what you all had shared.