First programs you install on your PC?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by iNg • Aug 8, 2012.

1. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Most of us have those pieces of software that are a "must install" after getting a new PC or formatting. Mine: Chrome, Steam, Desura, Skype, Origin, VLC, winrar.

2. ktrevino93

ktrevino93New Member

Threads:
    I'm with you on Steam and Skype. However, instead of chrome I prefer Firefox. Other than that, another program I install immediately is FL studio.

3. Beetler76

Beetler76Member

Threads:
    My first programs are:
    • AVG
    • AdAware Live Scan
    • MS Office
    • Chrome

4. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    AVG, malwarebytes, office, chrome, photoshop. After that it's whatever I decide I need. But I use all of those programs on a daily basis so they are must haves.

5. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Avast, Malwarebytes, Firefox, Chrome, VLC, Adobe Reader and LibreOffice.

6. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I recently had to format my HDD so I had to do this all over again. I went with: Chrome, Avast, MalwareBytes, uTorrent, Winamp, Photoshop and VLC.

7. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:
    AS for me it would be Customized Chrome known as the RockMelt and Office. These would do and May be an Antivirus!

8. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Avast, uTorrent, VLC, itunes, free download manager. There are whole lot of others, but they vary. Sometimes, I don't bother downloading software that I haven't used in a while, until I really need it again.

9. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    Every time I format my PC, I try to install the software that gives structure and operation to the entire system, which fulfill the basic functions:

- Mozilla Firefox + Google Chrome
    - Antivirus (usually Nod32)
    - Microsoft Office
    - GOM Player + Aimp
    - Adobe Reader + Adobe Photoshop

10. S.O. Price

S.O. PriceActive Member

Threads:
    Well, technically I have to load software so that I can even get on the internet, but after that it's antivirus software as number one. I won't bring anything off the internet without AV software loaded. After that, it would be Firefox followed by a host of other programs. Setting up a new computer is a pain! With my last one it took me essentially a whole day to get everything the way I wanted it.

11. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I'm use to pidgin instead of skype. but The ual software I install after formating is firefox and VLC. I am also concious about viruses so I mostly use the antivirus thats I think is better than those paid ones, Clamwin anti-Virus. ITs free. :D

12. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    After installing Windows 7 onto this computer I can safely say that right away I got Google Chrome, Microsoft Security Essentials, OpenOffice, CCCP, Media Player Classic - HomeCinema, Skype, WinRAR, Paint Tool SAI, Photoshop, and uTorrent. Then I dealt with installing all the necessary updates and what not that Windows Update kept bothering me about.

The only downside is reinstalling everything onto a new computer is a pain in the butt. Especially if you're downloading large programs like Photoshop or Illustrator.

13. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    After the OS, the first thing I install is an anti-virus program. After that, I am ready to start downloading all kinds of programs!

14. Meow

MeowMember

Threads:
    Chrome, Steam(+Dota2), Pidgin, Skype, uTorrent, Office, Teamspeak, Some free AV, Some music program (iTunes over Winamp), GOM Player and F.lux.

15. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I install Norton, Adobe Flash Player, Firefox, and MP3's. I don't need much to make my computer work, but these are the essentials. I noticed most people put Chrome on their list, but I've tried Chrome and it crashes a lot. I don't know if it's just my computer or what, but it just has so many bugs and glitches.

16. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My firsts are AVG, VLC, CCleaner, 360Amigo, AbiWord (free word processor) and Gimp (photo editor). I also install my printer drivers and the drivers for my mobile phone.

17. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    Chrome, VLC, WinRar, FileZilla and Spotify. For anti-virus I always go for MSE because I've never had a problem with it.

Then of course all the stuff you need in order to view stuff on the internet properly, such as flash player.

18. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Microsoft Office, Google Chrome (I'm contemplating Firefox these days) and that's it. I don't install many programs or download software. Office is absolutely crucial for me!

19. Zaturo

ZaturoMember

Threads:
    Lately, I install the CPU and Display Drivers first, followed by the Network Adapter. I mainly go for Firefox along with ESET NOD32 antivirus for the protection.
    There's many programs I can't uninstall, because I have a habit of deleting the folder before uninstalling the file first.
    I'm having trouble with svchost, there's just too many of them running at once.
    Overall, my computer doesn't have that many programs running unless it's for testing purposes.

20. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Pidgin is also my favorite. Users can login almost all the internet messenger on it. I tired introducing it to my sister and she was like, "how can I use this?" But when she learned the interface she actually looks for it so that she could chat everyone on her list in gmail and so as those in yahoo.