First thing you bought online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by addicted_buyer • Apr 5, 2012.

1. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    What was the first thing you bought online and where did you get it?

Mine was a Micro SD memory for my cellphone. Got it for a reasonable price at DealExtreme.

2. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    For me, the first thing I ever bought online was actually my first computer. I got tired of my mother whining and saying it was "my fault" when something happened to her machine when in fact it was her own doing. So one day I got online on hers and ordered my own. And now she sees how she's been messing up her own machine.

And mine has be almost unharmed all this time.

3. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    The first thing I ever bought online was a racetrack that my son was wanting. All of the stores were sold out, and I never could stay awake all night to wait for the shipment truck to come it. It was close to Christmas and I wanted to make sure that race track was under the tree for him. My friend told me to get it online. I was always nervous about something getting broke while being delivered, or getting the wrong item. I had heard a lot of horror stories, but I was desperate. I ended up finding it for half price, and it arrived 2 days before the expected delivery date. After that I was hooked on buying things online. Kids can get very expensive with all of these new toys coming out. Going online allows me to shop hundreds of different stores at once. I am normally able to get more than expected for much less than the retail stores close to home charge. Plus I like not having to deal with the crowds.

4. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    Great story! :D I was a little hesitant to buy online at first too but couldn't be happier when my purchase finally arrived. So did your son get what he wanted for Christmas, at last? :)

5. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I honestly can't remember what the first thing I ever bought online was. But if I had to guess, it was probably school books from Amazon or something along that line. The books were a lot cheaper online than at the school bookstore.

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    The first thing I ever bought online was new ink cartridges for my printer, and photograph paper. I bought them from Euroffice, and they were so much cheaper than in the stores. I also got cashback, as I bought them therough a cash back portal, so it was a win-win situation. These days, I always look online before heading to the shops, and more often than not, I'll come home and order online, as the items I want are cheaper than in the high street.

7. Germs

GermsMember

Threads:
    Are you me?

Thankfully my mother actually listens, i haven't had to fix her computer in months.

8. Lieutenant

LieutenantMember

Threads:
    First thing I ever bought online was a subscription to an online game. I was so worried about my credit card info being out there but now it isn't so much of a big deal.

9. clewand550

clewand550Active Member

Threads:
    The first thing that I ever bought online was an ab lounge. I bought it from a commercial that we saw. I bought it about 5 years ago. My husband still uses it every other day. I used it a half dozen times before and didn't use it again. It was too hard for my back. At least my husband gets plenty of use from it.

10. dkramarczyk

dkramarczykMember

Threads:
    I have ordered so many things online that I don't think I can even remember the first thing I ever ordered. So I'll just name a few that are more recent. Textbooks for school, seatbelt belt, Sailor Moon t-shirt, etc. I wish I could remember the first thing though...

11. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I remember the first thing I bought online was a leather backpack on ebay. I was so excited when it came in the mail.

12. hummingbirdee

hummingbirdeeMember

Threads:
    My first purchase online was on eBay. I was hearing good things about the auction site and that it was a place to get a good deal. I helped my son bid on a used Canon XL video camera. We got in a bidding war and won the auction. We ended up paying more for it than we should have. When the camera came, it was missing a few extras that were promised. We contacted the seller and they got them out to us. The camera was in good condition. My son was able to start a business shooting wedding videos and the camera ended up paying for itself. I studied up on how to be a better bidder on eBay and ended up selling things on there myself.

13. jigger

jiggerNew Member

Threads:
    First thing I bought online was an Ipod touch 1g. Back then, the ipod was fairly new and it was really in high demand. I happened to come across an extremely cheap price for a new ipod touch. I must have saved at least $30 and this was when the product was just released. On the same day, I also bought a lot of electronics like portable usb chargers and some ram. They also had a black friday sale on the same day so I made the most use of the sales :).

14. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    My first purchase online was a work at home scheme. I say scheme but probably should say scam. It didn't offer anything that it promised and then I had bought a couple others. I then learned to be quite careful with anything online, especially the work at home things that promise riches.

15. DrakenV

DrakenVMember

Threads:
    The first thing I can remember purchasing off of the internet was an old, rare PS1 game!
    I remember being so excited for it when it came in the mail!

16. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Mine was an electronic cigarette. I bought it off a seller from eBay. I have always been curious at how e-cigarettes felt but always found them expensive. Then I saw someone at eBay selling them for half the price so I decided to test out online shopping on a small item first. Suffice it to say, the convenience of it all was really awesome and now I am hooked on online shopping. :)

17. kennyrip

kennyripNew Member

Threads:
    i use to buy alot of software cd keys online, and one was diablo 2 which was my first purchase online.

18. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    I think the first real thing I got online was my xbox 360 back when it originally launched and I paid 900$ for it because my whole town was sold out lol.

19. KingB

KingBNew Member

Threads:
    I can't remember exactly, but if I had to take a guess it would be an 8gb memory stick for my PSP (back when PSP was hot). I remember thinking it would not work because it was used lol

20. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    My first ever online purchase was a Seinfeld shirt that says Vandelay Industries. I can't find it in any store near me and being a huge fan of the show, I really thought I must have it so I ordered one on Amazon. I was satisfied with the delivery process and I found myself ordering online since then.