First thing you bought online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by addicted_buyer • Apr 5, 2012.

1. themarting

themartingActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing i bought online was a data cable for my first cell phone.

I really wanted to get my own ringtones on there, and i was adamant i wasnt going to pay $2 for a ringtone, so i spent 20 on a cable and loaded maybe 3 ringtones onto it.
    I later thought to myself that i was thinking backwards, and had just cost myself a ton of money, until i ended up selling ringtones to nextel people for 50 cents each. made a ton of money like that

2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing I ever bought online was a book from flipkart.com. Don't exactly remember which on it was but I do remember being very apprehensive about buying things online, so I only bought stuff on cash-on-delivery for a while.

3. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I bought my first desktop computer from eBay as the first online shopping experience. Since then, I have shopped a wide range of goods from electronics to clothes among others. Shopping online is a great experience that everyone should try.

4. firestarian

firestarianMember

Threads:
    That was a good 8 or 10 years ago, I think it might have been used video games from Ebay. I now shop online for most things, the prices are just so much cheaper and I can afford whatever I need. Come to think of it, I think that first game might have been Halo 3, ah good times. Shopping online is an amazing experience and I think it may replace traditional shopping.

5. jacobcecil

jacobcecilNew Member

Threads:
    My first online shopping was from amazon, buying a pair of jeans and a watch. I was quite satisfied with my shopping, the jeans were great, exactly what I wanted and quite fit. The price was also fantastic. The watch was an invicta model which was more than 90% off, though to tell you the truth I doubted it! but I bought it anyway because I liked it and the price was unbelievably good. Its price was dropped from 795$ to just 78$. It's a great watch and I get many compliments on it. I noticed sometimes later that the watch was out of stock at amazon, but some sellers offered it at more than 400$.
    I usually buy from amazon and I'm more than satisfied with their service.

6. Judia

JudiaNew Member

Threads:
    I am excited now. Have you ever bought things from overseas before? I thought it must be difficult and inconvenient until I was encouraged by my friend. I did not hope to get a nice one, and guessed it was a waste of money. Could you believe it? Only $4 for it and do not have to support the shipping fee. I even forget the thing because I bought it at least one month ago. But what a surprise to me, I get it today and it seems good quality and I even get a box Feel so happy now. 3.1.2.

7. costin

costinActive Member

Threads:
    It was an external hard disk, I had my notebook`s memory full and needed some space;)
    That HDD was discounted to 20EURO from 45EURO and I said I should try. Not to mention I was interested by the brand too, Toshiba, a reliable name in IT&C world

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to want to be an author when I was younger, so I think my first online purchase was a box of used writing books by Writer's Digest that I bought on eBay.
    Apparently a lot of people still aspire to be writers because I sold those books recently on eBay and got almost the same amount that I paid for them.

9. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Good question... I feel like it was a Britney Spears album when I was way younger, but I could be wrong. It's hard to know what it was, my father always liked to buy stuff online so I got them online at a young age. But if it wasn's a Britney Spears album it was someone else's album since those were my favorite things to buy online back in the day!

10. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    The first thing I ever bought online? Wow, that takes me way back. I think the first thing I ever bought online was a portable keyboard for my Palm III. Wow, that was a long time ago!

11. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Jesus, that's a long time ago. If I had to guess it was probably a book of some kind, since I'm a big reader, but I can't say for certain, or even tell you what book I bought at the time.