Fishy Royal Mail forwarding job

Discussion in Scams = To Good To Be True started by Mrs. B • Oct 17, 2013.

1. Mrs. B

Mrs. BNew Member

Threads:
    A few months ago I got an email from what I thought was Royal Mail ([email protected])asking if I'd like to work for them to forward mail from my address via FedEx. I signed a 6-month contract and began getting someone's mail sent to my home that I would forward on Tuesdays. I received about 27 pieces of mail and was paid for the services then suddenly I didn't get any more mail. I tried emailing the guy, Arun Sharma, and my gmail said it was undeliverable. Anyone have any idea was this was all about? I got paid, but it was supposed to be a 6-month contract. And Mr. Sharma totally disappeared!:mad:

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That looks like a fake Royal Mail address, I am 99% sure you have been scammed in some way. Royal Mail do not send out random emails.

I'm not entirely sure what has gone on here, it seems rather odd but you were paid, that's the good thing. Have you checked your bank statements etc to make sure you haven't been scammed?

3. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Hmmm.

The first thing that came into my mind would be that your address has become sort of "drop-off" point for some stolen goods. Yes. Let me tell you a quick story.

There are certain forums on the internet that cater hackers, identity thieves, and even smugglers (but I am not telling you guys that website). Anyway, what they do is to steal somebody else's credit card information and then use that to purchase things off the internet. But in order for them not to get caught, they would need a drop-off address. Now this address so that when authorities would come looking, the thieves' identities wouldn't be revealed.

How were you paid by the way? Paypal? Direct bank deposit?

4. Mrs. B

Mrs. BNew Member

Threads:
    The scammer paid me through MoneyPack using Paypal so there was no way to find out his/her true identity. I was smart enough not to give them any info like my bank account numbers or SSC# or anything like that. All they have is my name, email, and physical address. I haven't been receiving any more physical mail from them. I never received packages either, just envelope-type paper mail. I guess you're right Mccanono, they must have been using me as a drop off address or perhaps for residency??? The question is -- why pay me if they're just going to disappear?

5. kamalia14

kamalia14New Member

Threads:

Hello Mrs. B, about a week ago I got the same email. It just screamed scam but after doing some digging I found the same thing you found and assumed that he was connected with Royal Mail Group. I have been able to communicate with him through a different email than you have. Just as you say he never asked me for any personal information and I am to be compensated through PayPal . I am glad to see that you at least were compensated but I am terrified of being visited by the FBI sometime in the future. I am glad that I found your post. Against my better judgement, I too signed a 6 month contract and I am now awaiting my first pieces of mail. Your post has been very helpful. I guess I should really follow the rule that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is

#5Nov 14, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  6. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    This is the reshipping scam.

Never accept jobs like that!
    Ask yourself: Why this guy didn't receive the package and try to pay me for it?
    For sure is something ILLEGAL with the package and this is the reason why he don't want to receive it!
    Also you can search on Google "reshipping mule" or "reshipping scam" to find more about this scam.

7. sbwins

sbwinsNew Member

Threads:
    If you were paid how is that scam?

I received email today 11-19-13 and just sent contract back from a guy by the same name. I hope it is not scam. Some of the other people on here are talking about packages. This isn't packages we are talking about. It is envelopes, regular paper mail, not any type of package. I don't see how it could have anything to do with drugs. Mrs. B please update us. Have you heard anything else from Mr. Sharma? The email I received from him was [email protected]...
    We will see how it goes...

8. mmug

mmugAdministrator
    Administrator

Threads:
    They offer “easy money” while working from home but these jobs are oftentimes completely illegal.
    Do you look on rmg-dept.us website? Is a parked domain at netsol, THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A WEBSITE.
    Domain owner is R.M. AGE from Miami, FL. The domain was buy on 2013-10-02. Admin email address is [email protected]

I don't think this is a legit business. This guys don't even have a website but they want to hire you over the internet.
    Everything about it sound fishy for me. I think this is a SCAM and you will be a victim of the reshipping mule Mr. sbwins

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    Since the early moment that a well-known company "emails you" for no reason offering either money, a job or any other deal, bet that it's a scam or an illegal activity.

I don't understand how you got involved with it because since the early moment the invitation to participate was delivered, I would make sure the job came really from they say it would come. Later, I would suspect of someone not wanting to disclose any information that could be already available otherwise if it were legit.