Fitness Apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Kaushik Angara • Dec 30, 2016.

1. Kaushik Angara

Kaushik AngaraActive Member

Threads:
    I wonder how many of you use fitness related apps on your smart phones. They are a great way to keep yourself motivated and work towards your ultimate goal. Most of the apps are free so I think you all should download one and get going. Just put the app in your pocket and start running/jogging. The app will denote how many calories you spent and how much distance your covered. Put the data in an excel sheet and do your daily analysis.

2. efrain silva

efrain silvaMember

Threads:
    I have used many of these apps, before. They have included, but not been limited to, in the least bit: Pact, Good Coins, Gym Out, Gym Pact, Fit Bit, Google Fitness, Calorie Counter, Count My Steps, etc. It is not a bad deal at all. Many even give you money to work out and stay in good shape!

3. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    The only fitness app that I know and have used on my smartphone is called daily workout. I use this app on my android device and I don't know whether this is available for other markets. The fitness apps such as act, Good Coins, Gym Out, Gym Pact, Fit Bit, Google Fitness, which are mentioned above, are unknown to me.

4. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well I have never really felt the need for these, but to be honest it might just be that fear that I would never actually use the thing and then feel bad. Yeah, that is probably more likely the case.

5. kellyon

kellyonNew Member

Threads:
    I use Calorie Counter app and Fit Bit
    Want to try Google Fitness also

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a Jawbone fitness tracker, and I use the app for that to track my exercise. Since we go to the gym and I swim every day as well, there is a place on the app where I can add in extra activities, like the swimming, or even yard work and gardening.
    I also track my sleep with this app, and it shows how many hours I slept, plus it shows whether I was in a light sleep or a heavy sleep, and even shows when I woke up during the night. Since getting a good night's sleep is very important to our health, this is something that is also important to me to keep good track of.
    I also have a carbmanager app that allows me to track my food and water intake each day, and it integrates with the fitness app to give me a good record of where I am at with both health and fitness.

7. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried such apps. As larryl332 said, I fear that I will never use it and then feel bad about it. I did download one such app and then uninstalled it the next day. I did not use it. I have installed a diet plan app on my phone and it is still there, I have not yet started on it. Maybe after Easter. Since I am fasting these days and cannot follow any diet plan.

8. Decentlady

DecentladyActive Member

Threads:
    I am using Pacer. It is free and has an upgraded mode as well with direct interactiin with other group members/users and the trainers.

Free part of it has a pedometer along with calorie counter and few other features. The premium mode ofcourse has a lot if stuffs like diets and exercises options etc.

9. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    I am not using fitness app but I think it would be a good development to keep one. I would have to make search for the common fitness apps I can have on my phone or any other piece. First I would have to study how it actually works, since I am just new to it.

10. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    A few months ago, when I attended the gym, I used to always use some specific app for this type of activity (but I liked to use only a few apps).

After I left the gym and just went for a walk and run, I only use one app. It's simple, very practical and offers all the information that I believe are necessary for me.

11. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    I tried using Fitness apps as well to keep track of my daily work out and progress. Some of the ones that I used are MyFitness Pal, Lose It and Life Sum. The best Calorie counter for me would be MyFitness Pal but I like inputting my workouts and activities in Lose It as I find it's interface more well-disposed :)

12. overcast

overcastActive Member

Threads:
    I have taken the Mi fitness band. And it seems to be working good enough. And if you ask me the app given by them. It is good too. You can make use of that. And it can be good enough in plenty of ways. It'd be reasonable to make use of the Android app to keep track of the fitness band result. It can show sleep and the steps taken.

13. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I have Achievement downloaded on my phone that will track my steps and other healthy activities. It links to Apple Health on my phone as well. You can link it to social media like Twitter and if you tweet about something healthy it gives you points. Once you reach 10,000 points they will give you $10. It does everything automatically so I really don't think about it being on there. I just let it do its thing. I haven't used any other fitness app before so I am not sure how this one compares to others.

14. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Walgreens also has a reward system that gives you points. They do not send you money; but you can spend the points at Walgreens. Once you download the Walgreens app, there is something called "healthy rewards" (or something similar to that). My Jawbone connects with the Walgreens app and inputs my steps for each day. I have to separately add things like swimming; but if you have a blood pressure monitor that connects, then it will automatically add that, as well as one of the new weight scales that has an app.
    Mine are just the plain ones; so I have to remember to log in to Walgreens and add this information manually; but every time I add something, I get more points and once it is over $5, you can spend it at Walgreens.
    I don't shop there very much because they are expensive; but I figured that I am doing all of the requirements each day anyway, I might as well log it in and get points for free merchandise.