Five Below - Quirky and Fun Shop or Useless Crap?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by EpixStudiosNH • Nov 22, 2013.

1. EpixStudiosNH

EpixStudiosNHNew Member

Threads:
    A Five Below store was put in a while ago in my city. It looked like an interesting store so I went to check it out. Upon entering the store I immediately found a bunch of stuff that I wanted to buy such as t-shirts, nail polish, seasonal items, and fun items like Lava Lamps. I must have spent at least two hours in the store looking at everything they had to offer and marveling at the low prices. Everything under $5? How could they do that? There were phone cases and accessories galore, board games, exercise equipment, gift wrap, toys, clothes, and even team accessories (Boston Red Sox and Bruins licensed accessories). I couldn't believe that it was all so cheap. I bought a few things as I didn't want to spend a ton of money just in case the stuff was all junk like at the dollar store.

I have had no issues at all with any of the merchandise that I have gotten from Five Below. Nothing has broken, ripped, or diminished in quality. I go back when I am looking for a fun and Quirky present for someone who is having a birthday or when I want to get something for my phone that is three times the price at least at other retailers.

The store was clean. There was no merchandise on the floor, everything on the shelves was Neat and organized. The staff was extremely friendly and very helpful with any questions that customers had.

I would definitely recommend this store to anyone who is looking to buy something on the cheap but still wants quality.

Has anyone ever had a bad experience here?

2. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDeeMember

Threads:
    I love Five Below! It's a really fun store. I've actually gone there and bought presents for all of my nieces and nephews for next to nothing! I actually bought my brother's step son a bullhorn for his 6th birthday from there ;) I was a very popular aunt...not with my brother, but the kid seemed to like it a lot.

3. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We go to Five Below all the time to get gifts and to see what is new in the store. It is a fun place to go for the whole family, the store has books, movies, fashion sports, and the latest tech equipment. I got a fan for the laptop from Five Below to keep the laptop cooler, in the Target the fan was $30 or more at Five Below it was $5.

4. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, it is a fun store but it has nothing that speaks to my forte. Personally Five below is not one of my favorites, and it is definitely a store I can go without.

5. EpixStudiosNH

EpixStudiosNHNew Member

Threads:
    I go there whenever I need a new cable for my iPad/iPod. They are only $5 where they are $20-$40 at retailers. They may not last quite as long as a brand name cord but I have not had a single issue with any of the ones that I have purchased so far. I love the shot glasses that they have. I also like that they have sports team stuff. Most of that is really expensive elsewhere.

6. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, there is one of those in a neighbor town that i usually go, but i never got inside of it. Maybe i should check it out later, it sounds like one of those retail stores that is good because it's not a big chain store.