Five Below

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by cheesecake • Aug 7, 2012.

1. cheesecake

cheesecakeMember

Threads:
    I don't know about you guys, but my area has been opening up a ton of new Five Below stores. The idea behind this store is that everything costs $5 or less. Here is their website

A few weeks ago I decided to check out this place. I didn't have any money with me so I didn't buy anything. However, I was quite surprised with the selection. They had backpacks, t-shirts, DVD's and iphone cases that were $5. I'm sure the quality of these items is not that good, but it still seems like a cool place to get gifts for people or yourself. The store itself was not amazing, but I wouldn't expect it to look like a flashy department store.

Has anyone bought anything here? Share your experiences.

2. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    We have something similar in our country. We call them the R5 shops. I think, if my calculations are correct, the conversion to dollars would be approximately $0.63. It seems most of them are run by Chinese. You are quite right, the quality isn't all that good but its amazing what you can find there, goods that you can't generally find in other stores. My only complaint is, that they only accept cash, and I am one of those people who pay mostly with a debit card. As a result I don't visit those stores often unless I am looking for something specific.

3. Megan888

Megan888Member

Threads:
    I have bout a ton of stuff from Five Below. Great for stocking stuffers and little additions to gifts!

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    This sounds more like the dollar stores instead of Five Below. We have a bunch of stores like Dollar Tree, etc, where everything is a dollar. They're even lower quality than Five Belows usually.

5. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    I've never been to a Five Below or even heard of them before this post. Around here we have stores like Dollar General, Ollie's and Big Lots that sell items at cheaper prices than youll find in most retail stores. I imagine 5 Below are similar in concept.