Five Dollar Fashions!

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by yellowbird • Sep 10, 2013.

1. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    There's a website I found last summer that I buy clothes from on occasion

Not everything there is a find, but I'd managed to get some good pieces to add to outfits! :)

2. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    Any reviews about the quality of their products? Delivery time?

I have also seen you can franchise with them and the bulk orders are somewhat impressive.
    If you can give out more details about your experience with this site it might help reduce some questions.

3. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I've never heard of or seen this website before. Thanks for the link. I would have loved if gave a brief review of the site, but I'm still glad that you gave the link.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Straight out of a sweatshop and made with very poor quality materials and poor build construction.

I know some people can't afford quality clothing but they will actually save money in the long run. Clothes like this do not last long at all.

5. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    Right, I'm sorry. I can't really deny the point Bolt made about the possibility (probability?) that clothes at such a low cost must come from a sweatshop. I hadn't thought about it much before, to be quite honest. :/ The quality of the clothes I purchased were decent though, but I've only owned them for a year and a half though. The material was thick, not chincy and thin, and the shipping time was excellent. I received my clothes in maybe 4 days, I think. Overall I was very pleased with my shopping experience there--the only thing I think that bugs me is that sometimes clothes of my style are difficult to find there. With some skimming though, usually I can pick up something!

6. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    Thanks for sharing this with us! I love online stores like this but haven't heard of this one. Anything that under $10.00 is right for me; I have discovered stores like

and

but haven't found anything worth buying but I am definitely going to give this store a try and see if I like the clothes. How long did it take for the clothes to arrive to your home?

7. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Even for a cheapskate like me, i think that 5 dollars for a piece of clothing is a little too cheap for it to have any quality, and the worst thing that i wanted was for the clothes to just rip in the middle of the day.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree that it's much more practical to buy better quality items, but it's still a good option to have, especially for some items that are less visible or you only need to use a few times. And while I agree that it's not worth the convenience if it's at the cost of buying it from a company that utilizes sweatshops, I thought it would also be important to point out prices like this for clothing really isn't that uncommon, nor is the retail price really a good enough indicator to know if the company is indeed using a sweatshop.

Clothing items, like most other mass produced consumer items (e.g. sneakers, soda, etc. ) don't really end up costing that much to produce since they make and sell so many of them. Big brands just spend more on marketing and advertising and that's why their prices are a lot higher, but most clothing items' production costs generally stay within the same range, which is about around a dollar or two per item. Not saying that this site definitely doesn't use sweatshops, but I felt it was a bit unfair to call them so just because their prices are cheaper.

#8Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  9. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the link. This seems like the best prices for people looking for a deal in this economy.
    I do however have to worry about one thing and that would be the quality. If anyone here has received items from this website please try to write a review because I'm sure there are more skeptical people such as myself.

10. yellowbird

yellowbirdMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the other links, I'm going to have to check those places out! Um, hmm, I think it took maybe 4 days for the clothes to get to me? I don't recall completely, but I am sure it didn't take more than a week. :) Good luck, hope you end up liking something there!

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, you can buy a decent but not branded shirt for just $5, so I wouldn't be too quick in judging the quality of the products there unless I've personally tried it. But of course, my expectations wouldn't be so high too.

12. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would be really skeptical about buying this type of clothing. It is so cheap for a reason, because the materials are cheap and the cost of labour is cheap. I personally don't want my clothes to be made in a sweatshop in India, both from a moral standpoint and also the issue of quality. Each to their own I guess.