Five Star Hotels

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Gad • Jun 19, 2017.

1. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    Sometimes I look at the amount of food that is served in some five-star hotels and I pity the customers. I am not envious but I am trying to be real. You will be charged a lot of money for a dish that even a 3-year-old cannot get satisfied eating. This is the reason I enjoy cooking at home or better still eating at less expensive hotels. It saves me money while at the same time ensuring that I get satisfaction.

2. harijobs

harijobsActive Member

Threads:
    @Gad@Gad, I totally agree with you. I too feel the same and I think how do they get their tummy filled. Also, the cost is too high for the quantity that they serve. Well, that's luxury. :)

3. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We occasionally eat in hotels when we are given a discount coupon for their buffet restaurant. The coupon is usually 50% discount so it's tempting because 5-star hotels here have an array of food like 40 to 50 dishes excluding desserts, drinks and side dishes. The cost is worth the experience. But as I said, we eat occasionally and with a discount coupon only.

4. Jason76

Jason76Active Member

Threads:
    Buffets are not a big deal in the US - mainly due to KFC. However, though, sometimes you can get lunch at a Chinese one for a decent amount. Anyway, speaking of KFC, you can note that the buffet for an adult is normally between 8 and 10 dollars, including the tax.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You pay for the ambience and not necessarily the food. I have eaten at many five star places, and the food is generally good, but like everything, it depends on what you have. It's not the amount of food, but the quality that matters to me.

Some do some fixed price menus which are good value, and afternoon tea is always fun in a five star hotel. The thing is, if things are bad, you have cause to complain unlike say eating in a three star place.

6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_SpiritActive Member

Threads:
    You have a good point here, @Gad@Gad.

I also can't understand this balance... Seems to be totally unregulated. :confused: These hotels are extremely expensive, but I think with regard to food, they end up not doing very well... Not at all. :D

7. dane

daneMember

Threads:
    I once had a very rich friend who would buy their son designer clothes worth thousands. I asked her why she wasted money that way and the way she explained it to me changed the way I see things when it comes to spending money. She said that when she bought a ten thousand dollar jacket I shouldn't think of the price but rather the value, and she explained about all the people who worked to make that jacket and bring it to her who would benefit financially from that sale. It made so much sense that I never feel that expensive things are a 'waste' of money anymore. I just think of all the people who will benefit from that.

8. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    Many of the people who go to these hotels don't really care about the amount of food that is served, they are mostly concerned with the prestige and the ambiance that the hotel may have on offer. This is why it's mostly the rich and famous who may book into to this caliber of hotels. They have the resources to go out to the exquisites restaurants if they may wish to.

9. Gad

GadMember

Threads:
    I see the sense in your argument @dane@dane . However, I would not do things just for the sake of others. I should love myself before sharing the love to others. If at all I see that eating at luxurious hotels will cost me a lot and probably drain my pockets, I would not do it. I understand that many factors affect our lifestyles. Sometimes it's about maintaining certain standards while at other times it's for prestigious purposes.

#9Jul 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 3, 2017