Five things to never do to your Car

Discussion in Auto & Moto started by mansawalta • May 19, 2013.

1. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    Here is my list of DONT's for car owners....whats yours?

1. Crash it
    2. drive with little or no fuel
    3. Drive with a flat tyre
    4. Get a sub woofer
    5. Drive with no brakes

2. stevensmith

stevensmithBanned

Threads:
    even if you are still intended to go with these driving errors then all will go in waste ..

3. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    Don't ignore your warning lights and do be sure to know the difference between the caution and warning lights - if the light is red that means that there IS a problem. If the light is yellow then there may be a problem to check out but you probably won't be stranded at that moment.

Don't ignore the oil changes and the light that looks like a gravy boat (I have heard it called that before) and lights red means you are very low on oil.

Don't forget to check your fluids regularly. It doesn't have to be everyday tho.

Check your tire pressure regularly and make sure that your tires get rotated.

Don't wait until the steel threading is coming out of the tire before replacing the tires.

There is other things, but those are quite important if you don't want to be on the side of the road broken down.

4. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    Who would buy a car only to crash it? Or drive it with a flat tire? Common sense.
    I was hoping to see more "practical" don'ts but I got disappointed.

Anyway, here's my list of 5 things that you should avoid when driving:

1. Over-speeding (you do not only waste gas but also endanger your life)
    2. Over/Under-inflated tires (it is always necessary to check for your tires' pressure whenever using your car, you can actually save more on fuel if your tires are properly inflated)
    3. Leaving the car in idle just to warm it up - not a good idea.
    4. Stepping on gas before you turn of the engine. Some people do this, I dunno why. You are just depleting the fuel reserve on the filter when you do this.
    5. Drive a car without insurance - yes. You will not know when accident will hit you. So it's better to be safe than sorry.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, aside from what has already been mentioned, eating soup and saucy foods is a big no-no in the car. I also don't smoke, so smoking is prohibited inside the car.