Flatout Flatbread

Discussion in Product Reviews started by thisnthat • Mar 30, 2017.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I recently tried this product as part of a low carb lifestyle. It is a great way to replace regular bread products for me. I use it most anywhere I would use bread, such as making sandwiches, wraps, or even in place of taco shells or hamburger buns.

It comes in different flavors and stuff, but I use the light original.

Each piece is quite large, so you can cut them in half even. Each one has 8 net carbs, so 4 for each half. That's much better than a piece of bread or bun which can often have 2-4 times that amount.

It also works as a pizza crust. What I've been doing lately is adding filling and rolling it up jelly roll style and then cutting into slices. It makes a good meal or even a snack.

You get six pieces for around $3.00 (12 pieces if you cut them in half).

Have you tried these products? If so, what did you think?

2. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    I tried them before, they were good for making enchiladas, shawarmas or just simple sandwich rolls. The kids in my house just use them for making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

You suggested that they can be used as pizza crust, so I might try it.

3. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I guess they could work for peanut butter too. I never thought of that. I'd probably toast them a bit first if I did that. I don't know about the flavor though with peanut butter.

I would suggest crisping them up in the oven a little bit before making pizza. I also cut them, since they are large. A whole big one might be a bit floppy, but a half one works pretty well if you crisp it a little before adding sauce and toppings. It also works well jelly roll style, with pizza toppings. It's quick and easy too.

4. janemariesayed

janemariesayedActive Member

Threads:
    These little breads are fantastic for a low carb diet. I have used them many times and filled them with all sorts of tasty fillings. One filling I like is falafel with a bit of salad. Or some chicken with salad is really nice topped with a little mayonnaise.

5. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    I was in a different Walmart this past weekend, and I ended up not being able to find the original flavor. I tried the Italian one, which I also like. It has a bit of herbs. It's a bit more flavorful.

I don't think it would work so well with peanut butter, but it worked great for everything else. I tried some flaxseed pita bread with peanut butter though, and that works just fine.

Chicken wraps are great, @janemariesayed@janemariesayed, and these do work perfectly for that. That's one of my "go to" meals. I had chicken atop a salad frequently, but now I can choose a wrap as well, for a different touch.

I'm enjoying the option of flatbread (instead of no bread). ;)

6. janemariesayed

Threads:
    Peanut butter sounds a bit clammy to have with these little breads. My pallet seems to like them with a savoury filling rather than a sweet one. I suppose Peanut butter and cucumber would go nicely together. I've eaten them warmed up with a little garlic butter on as well which was great for a snack and totally yummy.

7. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, savory is better for me too. I tried your garlic butter idea, which was very good, by the way, @janemariesayed@janemariesayed.

I also used them to make some quesadilla type things. I usually cut them in half anyway, so it worked out okay like that. I just tossed them in the oven while I was doing other stuff and then folded them in half when they were done. I cut them into sections and dipped them in salsa. It makes a nice, tasty, filling snack when you need something but don't feel like having a big meal.

Have you tried any of the other flavors? I think I'll look at another store to see if they have some different options.

8. janemariesayed

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat As I used to eat these while I was living in Egypt, most of the flavours were from their local cuisine. You can have them with boiled egg and salad. A little mini omelette. Beans, or even last nights curry!:D

They are so nice that I even like them just warmed up or fresh and hot out of the oven. Another nice way to have them is with some minced meat maybe spiced up with some cumin. Or perhaps chicken breast with sweet dill or tarragon?

#8Jun 11, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2017