Flavored Instant Coffee

Discussion in Food & Drink started by DrRipley • Feb 19, 2015.

1. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I recently just found a coffee mix that had fruit pulp in it. I thought it was a bit odd but after tasting it I found it to be alright. I probably would still much rather to for regular but it's nice to have this for a change from time to time. I also came across a banana split flavored one before and I liked that a bit more.

Have you tasted any flavored instant coffee or anything out of the ordinary?

2. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    That's interesting that you mention this, I just experienced the same thing at the suggestion of a friend of mine that's a barista. He suggested it because he knew I wasn't a huge fan of coffee & drink tons of tea with dried fruit. I thought it was alright. I'm just not a big fan of coffee generally & even less a fan of instant coffee.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't enjoy flavored coffees. When we got the Keurig coffee machine at my previous work we went all out in getting k-cups of all kinds, including crazy flavor ones. I didn't really like any of them! They were all very artificial tasting to me. I'd rather stick to regular coffee.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've tasted chocolate-flavored coffee from Nescafe and on a scale of 1 to 10, I rate it 7. I can't give it a perfect rating because I often get a migraine whenever I drink it. The most unique flavors I've tasted are from a brand called Good Day. It's weird because unlike the Nescafe brand where you can taste chocolate the moment you drink it, the Chococinno flavor tastes like corn! The other selections - Mocacinno, Coolin', Caribbean Nut, Vanilla and Original - are all right, however.

5. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've tried them, but never again. I like the smooth strong espresso taste. I once had a cup of vanilla coffee as my landlady had just made a pot and it was so awful I had to spit it out and pour the rest back into the jug. I think you get used to a certain taste and something new has to really be better that what you've had to make you want to drink it.

6. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I have never tried it but I do not think I will really like it. I do not think I would prefer to have it. I usually like the strongness of coffee better.

7. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    Not too long ago I tried a hazelnut coffee and yes I did like the taste of it. In the past some years ago I used to order a French vanilla coffee whenever I went to the nearest donut shop so that was like my all time favorite. Other flavors I enjoy are mocha and chocolate raspberry. I really would like to try other flavors one day and maybe I'll have a new favorite to add to my list.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the smell of coffee much more than I like the taste. Hazelnut or regular coffee with a dash of cinnamon is fine, I drink about one cup of coffee a day and tea the rest of the day. I love flavored teas, apple cinnamon is one of my favorite.

9. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I think some flavors match quite nicely, in particular chocolate or nutty tones. I've tried quite a few chocolate flavored coffees and enjoyed them quite a lot. I'm not a fan of more exotic flavors like fruit or floral ones though, in my opinion such flavors and coffee are both too strong and conflicting to match together.

10. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a traditionalist when it comes to coffee. I would never buy any coffee that has added flavors. My coffee beans have to be organic and of the highest quality. Since I have been living in a coffee growing region, my perception about this wonderful bean has completely changed. Really good coffee requires no additives, such a milk or sugar, it tastes heavenly on its own. :)

11. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    The only "flavored" coffee I've ever drunk were these things. Nescafe-Cafe-Menu-Product-Review_Range-Shot-1024x563.
    And I've never heard of coffee flavored with dried fruit before? It sounds interesting.

12. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I have not encountered coffee flavors involving fruits yet, but here in our area the instant coffee mixes come in different flavors like vanilla, chocolate, hazelnut, milky white and the like. They are cream or chocolate based and almost have the same taste but with a little hint of the specific flavor that is on its packaging. I really want to try those fruit flavored coffee mixes, especially the banana split one. I am fond of drinking instant coffee because of its convenience and having unique flavors would be a great gastronomic experience.