Flex Seal: Is it worth it?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Aumlanka • Nov 4, 2012.

?

Do you recommend Flex Seal?

1. Yes

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Aumlanka

AumlankaNew Member

Threads:
    I've been thinking about purchasing some Flex Seal to have around The House. The commercials make it seem pretty good but then again so do all of the commercials for the As Seen on TV products. I've read a few articles about it online but I just get the feeling that they're paid reviews so I just don't know. I don't currently have any specific need for it but I figured it might be Handy to have around the house in case a pipe leaks or a shingle comes loose or something along those lines.

I have a few questions for those of you who have tried it:
    1. Is it pretty easy to use?
    2. Is it actually waterproof?
    3. How many coats should you use?
    4. Does it really work?
    5. What wouldn't you use it on?

I know that seems like a lot of questions but I just hate spending my money on something that doesn't really work. I'm on a tight budget and always looking for a deal. I figure if this stuff actually works it might prolong the life of some things or help me make minor fixes thus saving me money.

Thanks!

2. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Well, it has worked for me for the jobs I've had it do. It stopped a leak in a plastic pipe and held a few things together that I wanted to repair. Problem is, if you're looking for leak repair, it really only seems to work on very small holes. YMMV, though.

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for the information on Flex Seal. I have also been considering buying it for awhile, to deal some of the leaks in my home. I also was wondering if it had a strong odor to it. I live with two family members who have serious reactions to bad chemical smells and should avoid them.

4. PubD

PubDMember

Threads:
    I think it's not suitable for potable water, so if the leak leads to a tap you drink water from, you might be better to get a plumber. On the other hand, it worked great for a leak from my dehumidifier. I'm pretty sure it's not a permanent solution, though, nor would it work well for something other than a slow leak.

5. dgb1975

dgb1975New Member

Threads:
    I cannot answer all your questions, but I can tell you that a friend of mine used it on his RV roof with great results. He said it was quick, easy and worked great. His leak was around one of the vents on the roof. I hope this helps.