Flex Seal?

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by Faye1232212 • Apr 19, 2016.

1. Faye1232212

Faye1232212New Member

Threads:
    Hey guys! Has anyone ever used Flex Seal before? I have some projects that require something like it but am unsure if I should invest the money into it. I know it's not a lot of money but I'd rather not waste my time. The commercials are somewhat funny but I they bought me on most things they advertised. Call me gullible but I really want to try it. If you have used Flex Seal before your feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried Flex Seal but I am like you, I have a few projects that would benefit from Flex Seal if it works as advertised. There have been no responses here, I may have to purchase a can of Flex Seal and test it out.

3. Norjak71

Norjak71Member

Threads:
    I've used it before and yes it works just fine but it is very hard to paint over. I had a cracked flower point, and they claim that you can easily just paint over it but the surface is very bumpy. Applying it, it is almost a very sticky, rubbery tar like substance. So smoothing it out is next to impossible. If you have to repair something and you don't care what it looks like, yes I would definitely purchase it. If you are using it for some type of craft where you need an aesthetic appeal, than I would stay away.

4. rz3300

rz3300Active Member

Threads:
    Well I cannot say that I have experience with it, but it is one that I have always wanted to try. I would like to think I am pretty good at resisting the temptation that comes with a lot of these products, seeing them on TV and all, but we all know there are those products that you just cannot help but want to get. Like others though, it sounds like it is just okay, which I am not surprised to hear. Thanks for sharing and for the reviews.

5. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    The advertisment seems to be very convincing and it would probaby have many persons wanting to try this product. However, in many instances the product do really match up to as advertised. I would at first purchase the minimum quantity and give the product a test to see if its good as they say then I could decide if I could really invest in it.

6. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen an advertisement for flex seal, but I have dealt with water leaks. I don't know enough about the product to know whether it's mainly used for small household projects such as jars, or whether it would serve the purpose of sealing pipes, but if it worked to seal pipes, it's something I might try out. I'd also want to know whether it was safe to use on pipes that would be used for drinking water, versus other water pipes, and whether it worked with other items such as garden hoses.

7. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen those flex seal commercials. I am not really sure what I would use it for honestly. I don;t have an airboat, like they show in the commercials. I don;t think I need to put it on a tool for a non slip handle. I mean it might be useful if you have something you really need waterproofing for, but honestly I can;t think of anything I might want it for at the moment. However, if I did think of a use, I would probably try to find it in As Scene on TV store, so I didn;t end up having to pay shipping on it.

8. filmjunkie08

filmjunkie08Active Member

Threads:
    I have been thinking of purchasing it to fix a crack in the eave of my my home. Good to know it isn't easy to paint over as I am in the process of painting.

9. Peachdejour

PeachdejourMember

Threads:
    Okay. I haven't used Flex Seal myself, but everyone at the campgrounds have been using it like crazy to re-seal sheds and seals on campers and hoses and everyone swears by it. Now, the real test will be how the seals hold up to a Midwest winter. We are about to re-do all of our seals on our camper just to be safe before winter and we are considering using Flex-seal.

10. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't seen the ads in awhile because I haven't seen a lot of TV lately. It seemed like am interesting product to try, but I can't think of anything that I could use it for. But hey, it might just be something I'll keep around the house, to just have on hand.

11. rosemoon

rosemoonActive Member

Threads:
    I feel like it would be a wonderful product if it actually worked. At the same time since it comes packages in those little spray cans it's like how many do I need for it to be effective? If you have a small thing that needs fixing, maybe it will work well, but like on the commercial they spray that whole door and use it one the boat and it's like how much product do you need? And is the money worth it? I probably wouldn't buy it to be honest.