Flight To The Usa Cheaper?

Discussion in Travel started by Theo • Nov 13, 2016.

1. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the UK the business news reports that flights to the US have gone down by 30% due to the election results as people do not wish to visit. I have to admit that includes me, even though I have family and friends there and I am less enthused about booking a flight and staying there. I imagine if this is a trend than flights will become cheaper because people will not wish to visit.

On the other hand flights out of the US to Canada have increased. There seems to be too much unrest, corruption and generally not a great atmosphere to visit the US. I'm not sure if flights become cheaper they will entice people?

2. Belovedad

BelovedadActive Member

Threads:
    That sounds fortunate but unfortunately I don't have a US Visa and I probably will not be getting one for the next four years. Not because I don't want one but because I probably will not get one. Business wise. it might be good for people but I think the prices will continue to go down for a while.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think visas will be harder to get and some people won't wish to go, not because they are afraid but because of the seemingly racist backlash.

I do have a long term visa, and was planning another long trip, but it just doesn't seem to be much fun in the US right now. I do think it may affect tourism as in the UK people go to New York for shopping weekends, but it seems that people don't wish to support the US after the election. In general, the public don't like to support a government who discriminate or who are racist.

4. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Cebu Pacific Air is our main gateway to other countries. It is the airline that offers the best discounted plane tickets. However, Cebu Pacific Air has no flights to the US. But my uncle in the US said that I can try Asiana airline for their discounted plane tickets although we have to pay in advance to avail of such. Another airline, Philippine Airlines, also offers discounted tickets to LAX flight from Manila but the discount is not much.

5. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    In our case people will avoid traveling to the US for time being until the new president takes over and the new policies come in open. We have so many doubts lurking in on our minds right now which is going to make a difference. I think the fares will go down as lesser people visiting to the US due to visa related uncertainties.

6. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    Well that is interesting to see tht the election is already having an effect on how people travel. I cannot really say that I am too surprised though, I just did not think that it would happen this early on.