Flip-flop sales?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by SEA81 • Aug 30, 2012.

1. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    After two summers, my best favorite pair of flip-flops are worn beyond belief. I bought some to replace them, but they are so uncomfortable. I know summer is winding up and flip-flops are hard to find, but many stores mark their summer stuff down around this time of year, so there may still be some out there.

Where do you buy cheap, nice flip-flops? Where do you think I could get a decent pair this time of year? Thanks for the help!

2. FlanneryCam

FlanneryCamActive Member

Threads:
    Old Navy is my go to flipflop place. I usually buy the heavier weight ones as they last longer. They are a few dollars more expensive than the el-cheapos.

Bring a friend: they are usually two for 8$.

3. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I only ever get flip flops from the local dollar store, but then again, I only ever wear flip flops inside.

4. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    I hate cheap flip flops. At the end of last season, I found Ugg flip flops at TJ Maxx for $7! My favorite brand is Eliza B and they are expensive, but last for years. I only buy them on major sale as the original price is about $50.

5. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I get them at the end of the season, too. Then I break them in the following spring. They're usually uncomfortable to begin with, but at the start of a new season, I don't even care. It's when I try to wear new ones at the end that I don't really like it.

6. iampeebs

iampeebsMember

Threads:
    Do you guys remember a year or two ago when Walmart sold the defective flip flops that melted when in the sun? They melted onto a ladies feet and she had to get skin grafts! Since then, my kids have wanted flip flops when shopping there and I cringe thinking of that.

7. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    I buy most of my flip flops from Old Navy, Target, and Macy's. I spend anywhere from $4-20 per flip flop depending on the brand.

8. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I have two pairs of low-wedge flip flops that I have had for a few years. I bought them at Walmart for $6 or $7 and I have gotten a lot of wear out of them. Last year I bought a pair of the regular "flat" rubber ones at Payless when it started raining suddenly and I wanted to protect my shoes one day after work. My most recent pair came from Walgreens ($8?) and had this extra "strap" from the outer side to the middle with shiny "bling" pieces that I wasn't crazy about, but I needed an extra pair. The bling bits immediately started to fall off, but the flip flops are thick-soled and comfortable so I still wear them, especially when I don't want to ruin my shoes.

9. Brendan

BrendanMember

Threads:
    Definitely, Old Navy. My girlfriend loves their flip flops and they are always rather cheap. I know in the past they have had $1 flip flop sales. You can't get much cheaper than that.