Flip flops or sandals?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Pocs • Aug 13, 2012.

1. Pocs

PocsActive Member

Threads:
    It's hot and humid out and the last thing you want to do is to put on socks and shoes. Do you grab flip flops or a nice pair of sandals?

It's flip flops for me, all summer long. They go with anything you are wearing and are really comfortable. Plus if the ones you happen to be wearing break, you can pick up a spare without lighting up your wallet.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Definitely sandals. I can't stand flip flops, so of course I'm going to go for anything but them. I also feel like with sandals, I'm automatically more dressed up so I'm able to wear them more often and to more places than I would flip flops.

3. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Very true. Sandals do give the dressed-up feeling unlike the flip-flops which seem to be so casual. Too casual for going anywhere further the front gate. I especially like the sandals which are half-shoes where the front part is actually a shoe but the back part is cut off for easier wearing and ventilation.

4. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    Neither. First off, I don't believe men should wear sandals or flip-flops, especially considering how they're quite sloppy. Flip-flops are also quite hygienic. I don't wear either of them and I always wear socks and shoes, despite the temperatures outside.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Definitely sandals. I can't deal with toe posts in shoes - they always seem to give me a sore spot. And it's too easy to flop out of flip flops and take a tumble. As I have joint problems, that's a potential recipe for disaster. Those considerations aside, I agree with Jessi and Victor that sandals are much smarter, and can go to many more places than flip flops.

6. couponaholic

couponaholicBanned

Threads:
    I just cannot seem to find the right pair of flip flops. For some reason every single pair I get rubs the area between my toes raw. I hate wearing flip flops anymore. So, I grab my flats or a pair of sandals. I'd rather wear flip flops if I could find the right pair.

7. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    I like my flip flops too, but prefer sandals as they look better with skirts. Both are comfortable. One is for casual use, the other for slightly more elegant wear.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I agree I've never worn sandals in my whole life, and I'm not going to start now. I've seen guys at the beach wearing flip flops and it looks strange. I hate the noise it makes every time they walk the shoe hits their foot. There's no reason a man should ever wear flip flops.

9. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I have to go with sandals because they're more versatile. I have a pair of sandals that's kind of flip-flop-like, but it has a very low one-inch heel that's not difficult to walk or run in. I feel like it's more appropriate when I need to look more pulled together (which is often, since I am my own promoter and image is everything). A girl in flip flops looks comfortable but not classy.

10. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    I'm glad to hear that there is someone here that I can relate to! I have very large toes so whenever I wear flip flops the toe post really hurts me! Sandals are usually more expensive than the standard flip flop but the quality difference definitely makes the price worth it.

11. FlipKup

FlipKupMember

Threads:
    Socks and sandals.

Really. I understand and agree with some who say that it is a fashion faux-pas... but it just feels so good. I would prefer this set-up over shoes on a hot day, any day. However, if the crowd is important, I will have to ditch the socks!

12. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I live in flip flops when I am not at work, to the point where that is what I put on until it begins to get too cold outside. Socks make my feet feel hot and confined. It drives me crazy! And when I wear a regular pair of sandals, I generally get brush burns from the shoes on my bare skin.

13. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I much prefer flip flops. I tend to wear just shorts/tshirts most of the time or yoga capris and a longer tunic type shirt and I just feel like flip flops go with my style better. I can't even remember the last time that I even owned sandals! LOL!

14. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    If its a walk around the block just to visit my friend then I wear flip flops. If I am going to a bbq or to walk around town, its definitely a cute pair of sandals. I only own a few flip flops, but I have lots of sandals. I love gladiators, thong, and espadrille sandals.

15. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, this can work well as a fashion statement if the socks are thin and elegant, or if they're more like tights than socks.

16. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love flip flops but I just don't see the reason why some of them are more expensive than sandals and even closed shoes! It's ridiculous! Especially those Brazilian made flip flops? What's up with those? I'd rather have sandals for a reasonable price.

17. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Sandals. More specifically, "Jesus Joggers". I find that flip flops fall off of my feet too easily.

18. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Flip flops all the way. They are just so much more convenient and can be worn with anything in my closet. Sandals just feel like shows with openings in them and don't give me any more comfort than sneakers and socks.

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I love sandals because they comes in nice colors and looks more stylist. And you can wear them any place for example, at outdoor concerts and look very stylist and casually dressed with your nice shortset or jeans and tee shirt. Your nails will be peaking through and nicely showing your nail polish. Flip-flops is more for just a beach I think and that's fine for that but afterwards you may want to stop some other place to have fun and you are already casually dressed to go.

20. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I even own a pair of sandals. I've certainly worn them in the past, but I don't really care for them. I'm also not a fan of flip flops because they hurt the spot between my toes. That said, I do have a pair of flip flops I love that don't do that. I was looking into some of those toning shoes and saw that there were flip flops in that style. They have a rubber sole like a pair of tennis shoes and they're actually really comfortable! Two years later, they're still going strong.