Flip flops or sandals?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Pocs • Aug 13, 2012.

1. marvelz

marvelzActive Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to work out which annoys me more, the sound of the flip or the sound of the flop. I hate the slapping sound they make.

2. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I have not worn a pair of flip-flops in ages. We used to wear them often as children, when coming home from school. The first thing you do is take off your school shoes and socks...and put on your flip-flops. However, now as an adult female...I very much appreciate a comfortable but dressy pair of sandals. So, I will have to go with sandals. (-:

This thread made me quite nostalgic. (-: Thank you, lol.

3. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer flip flops for the same reason. Sandals, for me, makes my feet too sweaty. I like flip flops because you can get them so cheap and in a variety of colors without breaking the bank.

4. melapie

melapieActive Member

Threads:
    I like sandals, just because I feel like I should only wear flip-flops in the house. I just feel that I look sloppy if I go out with flip-flops on. I just invest on durable flat sandals that will look okay with anything I have on the closet.

5. supergirl

supergirlMember

Threads:
    I will always be a flip flop person. I can't stand the rubbing of heels that is caused from sandals. I bought a lovely pair of haviannas in Brazil and haven't really taken them off since!
    I don't mean to stereotype but I always associate sandals with europeans wearing them with socks.. but that's just me! If there is one thing that I am really not a fan of though, it is those dreaded crocs! Argh! I understand that comfort is important but you don't see everyone walking around in their dressing gowns, do you?

6. Yuvastyleindia

YuvastyleindiaMember

Threads:
    Flips flops and sandals both are wear by women. Most of sandals are likely to be wear. As sandals are looking more beautiful as compared to flip flops. In sandals we get the beautiful look and its become comfortable to walk in sandals. People like to wear flip flops when there is long distance walking.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I own both types of footwear, and I use flip-flops for going to the nearby store and for places that are just inside my village. The sandals, I use them for more "formal" occasions and for going to places that are a bit far from where I live, so that I don't look like I just stepped out of my room when I'm out.

8. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    Three inch platform flip flops :) Sandals don't look good on me, and regular flip flops are too boring, so platforms are the way to go! :D

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:

I'm more of flats type of girls i don't really do flip flops i will do a cute pair of sandals every now and than tho.

10. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    For me flip flops are only to clean my house. I actually have a set of flip flops that I only put on when I am cleaning my home so they can get wet, dirty, stained, what ever and it wont matter. Other than that - no flip flops - sandals all the way. I just think flip flops are a little trashy to be hitting the streets with. Just look at the name!

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate flip flops and the post really bothers my toes. I only own a pair of flip flops to wear in the shower at the gym. I can't bear to put my feet on the floor of a public showering area. I wear sandals. Sandals just look more pulled together.

12. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It would be sandals for me, you can wear them with a dress and still look good, sandals can be worn with jeans or shorts. Flip flops do not give much support and can hurt your feet if worn too often. Lack of support for the foot is the reason I don't like flip flops.

13. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm a flip flop girl myself! Simple, cute, comfy. That works for me :).

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love flip flops. I don't feel like sandals are that comfortable, they just feel like leather shoes with holes poked in them. Flip flops give me a barefoot feeling that I like, because I enjoy being barefoot but can't go out shopping without shoes.

There are a lot of tutorials for ways to dress up flip flops and make them look dressier.
    So the argument that they don't look cool ,doesn't hold water.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I am someone who would prefer sandals over flip flops because I feel like flip flops are too lose and it makes me think that they will fall off my feet or that someone might step on one and then I will lose it. Therefore I like something that is more structured and dressy at the same time which is why I always tend to buy and wear sandals on a daily basis during the summertime.

16. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I like to wear sandals in summer.They makes me feel very comfortable.

17. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    Flip flops for me. I collect Havaianas and have more than 30 pairs! :D

18. vshah1585

vshah1585Banned

Threads:
    I like to wear sandals because they are very comfortable.

19. jhawkins408

jhawkins408New Member

Threads:
    Well made flip flops. I don't much care for the rubber, come in every color, flip flops that you find at old navy. However, there are TONS of what would be considered "flip-flops" that many might consider sandals as well that are really way made and have cute embellishments with beads and such!

20. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    Where I live, flip-flops are also called Japanese slippers. Maybe that name came from the ones which the Japanese wore. I used to wear them when I was younger. However, they tend to be slippery when the road is wet and, now that I am older, I have to be more careful. So I wear sandals which have better soles which can grip better.