Flip Flops

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Zyni • Jun 18, 2015.

1. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I live in Puerto Rico. We can be pretty laid back but it's not to all work places that we can wear flip-flops to. But yes, some of them allow it. :)

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    Oh! That sounds like a neat trick. I normally don't buy flip flops, but when I do, I try to invest in something that would last a much longer time than just a couple months. In general, I think that $1 seems to add up every time your purchase a replacement for the broken flip flops and in the end you may think that you should've just bought one of the more "expensive" flip flops.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like flip flops, but never really invest a lot of money in them as I tend to wear them only at home or when I'm coming out of the shower. I would absolutely love to be able to afford as many havaianas as I want, but can't at the moment. Their flip flops are gorgeous. I have one pair of their sandals, and can't get over how comfy they are, not to mention how CUTE they are :)

4. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    The fact that some allow them is already good enough for me... :) Just yesterday I was using my flip flops, went to the river and with all those stones there I needed them to enter the water. I prefer the beach 1000 times to that, but it was great too. :)

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a flip flop kind of person. I never really have been. I am not really a fan of my toes, and flip flops don't really offer me the comfort of support that other shoes tend to. I don't like having my toes exposed, for bees to sting and stuff like that.

6. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    That's a situation where flip flops can be dangerous. They generally don't have good traction so if you slip on a rock, they can twist your foot in funny ways because of the thong. It'd be pretty easy to end up with a twisted ankle. I've also seen a lot of people break flip flops just walking in shallow water because the thong isn't connected strongly enough to withstand the resistance of the water.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I have never really worn flip flops, so I didn't really know that they were like this. Maybe there are some better quality ones that have better grip on the bottom? I could never wear them and go somewhere like a beach though, because the rocks and sand would be amongst my toes, and I imagine that that is quite uncomfortable.

8. Lushlala

Threads:
    Wow, that's interesting! I live in a very hot country, and no workplace allows flip flops. They're very conservative and too rigid sometimes over here LOL I think some flip flops can look presentable. Not all flip flops are created equal :)

9. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I have a great variety of both. The cheap ones tend to last only one summer. But of course there are people who look at you funny because you wear the cheap flip flops. I think those who want to look at me funny must be heavily in debt, or at least most of them anyway. They probably financed college and now cannot afford anything else unless it too is on credit.

10. Sunflogun

SunflogunActive Member

Threads:
    Those are sharp rocks and I don't use them inside the river, just to get there. So basically when I get to the river I take them off and swim. It was really refreshing and my feet are unhurt! :cool:

11. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    This is awesome. I love it. This needs to go on a t-shirt. LOLOLOL

12. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe clearly the word of someone who LOVES flip flops. But now that you say it, I can definitely see that on a funky T-shirt LOL

13. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    Oh, I agree with not going barefoot on sharp rocks, but I will wear water shoes (the cheap kind your parents made you wear as a kid) or some sturdy hiking sandals in that situation. Flip flops aren't my shoe of choice if my foot needs protection from anything other than hot pavement.

14. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I wear flip-flops at home. I don't like being barefoot inside the house. I don't buy from designer stores or whatever. I just get them from the dollar store. I make sure that I don't wear them when I am in the yard though. Grass makes my feet itch.

15. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a huge fan of flip flops but when I do buy them I get them at Old Navy when they have $1 Flip Flops days. I pick up 5-6 pairs in various colors and then they usually last me until the next sale. Paying $1 a pair it really doesn't matter if they fall apart after a few uses. I usually wear them to the beach or pool when we are camping. Easy to slip on and off!

16. KimmyMarkks

KimmyMarkksActive Member

Threads:
    I find the cheaper flip flops don’t last as long as the ones that are cost more. I’ve bought a few from Old Navy for a few dollars and I feel after a couple wears they are falling apart. I can also feel every little rock through them. I prefer to spend a little more and get good quality ones that last at least as season or two. I like the Havaiana’s. They are decent quality and you can often find them on sale or get them with a coupon at Bed Bath and Beyond.

17. Lushlala

Threads:
    I have to say I have a weakness for Havaianas! They make pretty but sturdy, durable flip-flops and sandals :) I have also seen some lovely ones by Crocs and they look like they could last for forever! I just need to save a few $$$ before I can afford to snap up a pair or two. they're a little pricey, but definitely worth it :)

18. DreekLass

Threads:
    Whether they are cheap or not, flip flops do not appeal to me and never really have. I don't know - I guess I am strange, but I don't like to have my toes exposed when I am out and about. For the same reason I don't wear dressed. I feel like my lower half is exposed or something lol. With flip flops when I was little, I stubbed my toe on concrete, so I think that kind of scarred me.

19. evelination

evelinationMember

Threads:
    Not what you would guys usually call a flip flops partisan either, but hey... although they're quite uncomfortable, they could go well on a summer day, but since we're almost reaching Christmas here, I doubt they would be any productive for this season lol.

I do have a pair of them right besides me, but I never wear them. They've been given to me as a token of appreciation from a relative, and believe it or not, I want to keep them "intact" lol.

20. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I like flip flops that have a comfortable toe divider. The ones that are made of material are much more comfortable. I've gotten flip flops from the Gap that were really comfortable and a bit dressier. They had pretty beading on the top. I haven't tried the Croc flip flops. They look very comfortable and the best thing about Crocs is they are made out of a material that does not absorb foot odour so they'll never stink. My husband on the other hand can't stand flip flops, he can't walk too many steps without kicking them off.