Flowers on Valentines day Yey or Nay?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by katharinemae • Mar 29, 2014.

1. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    As we all know, flowers are the world's most famous Valentines Day gift. Do you like receiving flowers from your significant other? Mine used to give me flowers every valentines day, yes it was sweet but I told
    him that if hes planning to give me flowers again he doesn't have to buy it because for me a flower is a flower, an expensive bouquet of roses and a single garden daisy makes no difference, the appreciation
    is the same. So now every valentines day, he picks up random flowers from our garden and gives it to me and spend the money for some adventure instead , like sharing ice cream in the park.

2. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think that flowers in the Valentines might sound like a cliché, but it is a cliché for a reason, women love it! I always buy my wife flowers on Valentines and I'm pretty sure she would be sad if I didn't.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I personally don't like it, since I would prefer to receive something tangible, but if someone gives them to me then I will gladly appreciate it, but I will tell them not to do it again next time, since I would prefer that they spend their money on something that doesn't wilt.

4. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Nay. I think it's better to have a tasty dinner someplace cheap with the money you'd spend on some expensive flowers. Maybe you'll pay more, but you'll be fed :). I don't really know why people associate Valentines with flower giving but I think it's wrong. A useful present sounds so much better! Sure, when we were younger flowers were the norm when trying to impress each other but now, not so much.

5. kalinaprim

kalinaprimNew Member

Threads:
    Women love flowers and I am not the exception of this rule. But I don't like the idea to receive flowers only because it is Valentines day. It is so trivial.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I think that it's not just about being trivial or not, I think the gesture makes a difference. Sure, it's Valentines day and we go out to dinner, but even so I think it's a nice gesture in the middle of a hectic day in which we have tons of things to do, usually it's always very appreciated... by my wife! :D

7. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's a cheesy think, but it's a cheesy thing you need to do.
    It's a bit like giving a Christmas present even if the person says they don't need anything.

8. giftblooms

giftbloomsNew Member

Threads:
    Hello,
    I love the beautiful flowers.
    Flowers are very beautiful gift on Valentines Day but nowadays flowers or flower bouquets are very costly.
    In that price, you can send another best gift for your girlfriend or boyfriend which is very useful for him or her.

9. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a fan of Valentine's Day to begin with. I think most gifts are cliche because the holiday itself is. I am not single either lol I have felt this way for a very long time.

10. LindaKay

LindaKayActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is anything wrong with buying flowers for Valentine's Day. You don't have to go out and buy the most expensive ones. You can get a nice bouquet from a grocery store for $10-$20.

11. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was about to create a thread like this one (nice suggestion feature!) and for me yes, I think that giving flowers to a woman is something she always loves, even more in Valentines, it's a must!

12. Gelsemium

Threads:
    I agree with that Peninha, women love flowers so it's always a nice gesture from us to give them even more in such a special day like the Valentines. It's a small gesture, but they really appreciate it.

13. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Flowers are nice, and I rarely have them in the house so it would be a nice change. I think a meal would probably be better, but I go out for meals more often anyway, so it would be less special I suppose.