Fluoride filtration?

Discussion in Water started by orz • Nov 14, 2014.

1. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    Was just wondering if anyone here used a filtration system on their water supply to block out the fluoride in the water? Not all regions/countries have fluoride in the water but a fair few countries do.

Some say there's nothing wrong with fluoride and other people do, its a bit of a conspiracy theory.

I was just wondering if anyone here actually bothers filtrating their water? And if so how much does it cost? Surely a lot?

2. wulfman

wulfmanActive Member

Threads:
    I have an RO water filtration system in my house. The only other alternative is ground water which is not good to drink. So a filtration system is a must have. I don't know why fluoride is bad in water. I mean we are talking about the stuff that fights germs and cavities in your toothpaste right ? Then again you don't drink your toothpaste :)

Cost is about 100-120 dollars a year and they come once a month to change the filters and clean out the tank. The machine itself was about $80. But I am not in the United States right now so you can't really go by my prices. I am in a much poorer country currently. So based on socioeconomics, they really can't charge what US households pay for filtered water.

3. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We used to live in the country and had our own well, and that water was just so pure and delicious ! Now, we live in town, and the water is treated with chlorine, fluoride, annd who knows what other chemicals. We use a pitcher with a filtration system in it; but I don't know for sure if it actually gets the fluoride out of the water or not; but I di think that it filters out the chlorine.
    We also have a water distiller, and that makes absolutely pure water, and it tastes perfect when it is chilled. The bad thing is that it takes several hours for it to distill a gallon of pure water.
    I also have a Sodastream, and I use that to make carbonated water. Sometimes, I just chill out the water and add ice and lemon or lime, and that is wonderful, too.