Folded Words by Walgreens

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by steph84 • Dec 5, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I ordered ten free cards from Walgreens' website Folded Words and they shipped me cards that were not what I had ordered. Only half of the customizations I made were on the cards. They have most of the stock messages on them and I even checked the card on the website to see if I didn't save the design or not, but everything was still there. So I called customer service and they agreed to resend them, but the rep just resent me the same bad cards a week later. I just called customer service today and they said there was nothing they could do because I used a "Free 10 cards" promo code (that expired Nov 17th so there is no new code for them to enter into their computers) and so the rep just told me that was it. She said I could order the cards and pay around $50 for them and have my money refunded next week once I get the cards, but that is quite ridiculous. Why would I spend my own $50 to try out their new website when they will probably mess up my order a third time? I have ordered greeting cards from Tinycards and CardStore before and had no problems. I thought I'd give Walgreens a shot because I shop there a lot, but I don't think I'll ever order cards from them again.
    1120021435.1120021435a.

2. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    That's what I thought. The best they offered was for me to buy them for $50 and then issue a refund a week later. I told them that I wasn't willing to put $50 down for 10 cards when it is Christmas time and I could use that money to buy gifts instead. It's just unfortunate because I spent my time designing the card and just received these unusable ones instead. I love ordering cards to send to relatives (saves me the gas $ on a trip to the drug store and post office) and wanted to give them a chance. I am just disappointed that it was a waste of time and wanted others to know about it so that they don't spend their time as well because I'm sure they'll be throwing around some promo codes again soon.

4. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, thank you for telling us about this. I know for sure I will never use Walgreens for such a service after hearing this. I can understand wanting such a service if you have a whole lot of Christmas cards to send out though. I remember my mother doing her Christmas cards every year, by hand. It wasn't so bad when she was younger, and she actually enjoyed doing it but the older she got along with her poor health made it harder to do this. It started to become more of a joy then a pleasure, finally she just sent cards to those who sent her one. I can see such a service coming in handy to people such as my mother was who wanted to send cards but found it difficult to do so. However, it seems like the service Walgreens is offering is more of an additional problem then a solution.

5. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Walgreen's is on one of my favorite places to shop, but if this happened to me I would be contacting someone in upper management, at least just to let them know about this. Customer service can make or break a shopping experience. We all make mistakes, no one is perfect, but the customer service rep should have triple checked your order to make sure that she got it right the second time before sending the cards out to you. She may not have been the same one that made the mistake the first time (which is terrible since that means there is back to back incompetence from two different people), but she still should have made sure that her work was done correctly.

Companies give away freebies so that we as consumers can test their company, their product, their customer service. This freebie experience that you had should be reported to a Walgreen higher-up so that this type of bad service can (hopefully) be alleviated as much as possible in the future.

6. HughIvar

HughIvarBanned

Threads:
    Why would I spend my own $50 to try out their new website when they will probably mess up my order a third time? I have ordered greeting cards from Tinycards and Cardstore before and had no problems. I thought I'd give Walgreens a shot because I shop there a lot, but I don't think I'll ever order cards from them again.

7. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    Good to know. I have received at least 5 emails from different online companies offering greeting card deals. I usually just order from one site and pay a little more. I can't believe how stores treat people sometimes. I guess they think you won't share your awful experience with anyone.

8. Smackz

SmackzNew Member

Threads:
    Those jerks. I'd think it was a practical joke. This kind of activity isn't acceptable. I don't shop at Walgreens, but this kind of activity shows the employee work habits along with their disrespect towards their customers. I don't think i'm going to shop there since it's clear that their work force isn't influenced enough to do their jobs right.