Food and allergies

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Sep 17, 2014.

1. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ok, I can't edit my last response to add to it, Dreek. I haven't looked up the book yet, but a quick search brought me to some stuff about our blood types and food and it starts off telling me what my blood type says about me. It not only reeks of horoscope type blah blah, but it was completely wrong about me lol. Do I really want to read this book? lol. But that's just after a few seconds of reading and no looking beyond that.. so hopefully this is just a spin off with someone else's take on the whole thing. I'll look up the book now :)

2. goldenmaine

goldenmaineActive Member

Threads:
    I had allergies in the past whenever I ate shrimps, crabs and other shellfish. I was really frustrated because of this since I wanted to eat these delicious foods. What I did was I took anti-allergy medication before I ate these foods so that my allergies wouldn’t start. They were effective and eventually my body adapted and I didn’t need the medication anymore. Now I can already eat these kinds of food without problems. Many people are really allergic to certain kinds of food and it just takes the proper guidance to overcome this so that we may be able to enjoy any food we want and appreciate them.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't know of any audio book version to bother you with either. If you do read it, it's going to have to be the written version, which gives you a choice in the matter since, I cannot spam audio book links at you lmao!!! ;)

Hahaha!!! I have not read the whole book, but for what I have read of it, I did not get horroscope-ness from it?? This was years back now, so my memory could be fuzzy. But when I read what I read, it seemed legit and scientific ;)

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    No worries.. I have it. It just magically and legally appeared right after we talked about it. I'm just lucky that way. I'm not one to use audio books. I'm one of those learners that has to read it myself or watch it myself etc, when it's told to me it goes right over my head. If I went to school right now, the teacher would have to text me everything lol.

Ok, so I haven't read a heck of a lot, because I tend to stop a lot to fill in the blanks. Which are usually whys.. nobody ever fills in the whys.. they just say this happens because of this and most of us are ok with that. But um.. yeah.. I don't think so lol. So far, I'm seeing a diet that would work for any healthy person. Each blood type could benefit from the other's diet. Most people would be buying it for weight loss, so it would definitely work for most and they would back the science because of it. That's just my initial thought though.. you know I'm a skeptic lol. I will say though, they almost have my current diet down from the little I've seen and maybe that's because my body brought me to it because of my blood type. Who knows, haven't looked into that... it's not something most of us ever think of when we think of our health lol. But, meat does not make me feel better and never has (I'm an O).. I could never get into it, which is why my transition to a meatless diet was so simple for me. Doesn't mean they're wrong.. everyone is different. I just haven't gotten into the real science aspect of it yet. Thanks for the suggestion though! No matter what I make of it, I'll learn a lot.. always do ;)

5. DreekLass

Threads:
    Magically and legally huh? Hahaha!!! That is actually one of the best ways to learn. It's harder for people to fill your head with utter bull then ;) I LOVE you analysis, JosieP. Maybe I will actually read the entire book ;) The part that I read was mostly about meat - about how some blood types need meat, and how other blood types are taxed by consuming meat?? it was very interesting to me, because a lot of people just think that cutting out meat is the healthier option for everyone, and that's it. But there are some blood types that need the meat?? With what they put in our meat these days though, I am not so sure. But in meat's pure state, I believe there is some truth to it. You are welcome ;)

6. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm still out on the whole meat thing. For me, I'm happy this way and feel better this way. Not everyone is the same and it's a part of who we are to eat it. I think anyone could feel good off meat though and again, that's obviously just my opinion based only on what I know so far. Meat is an easy, filling part of a meal. Once you take out the filling foods, eating becomes a job.. it's tough work to replace it and not many people will go for it or stick to it if they do. Now if they don't feel right because of blood type or the fact that they haven't replaced it properly, we shall see lol. And I'm talking about untainted meat as well.. I don't even consider the crap in a grocery store meat anymore. It's the remnants of a sick, depressed, filthy animal.. not fit for eating in my opinion. Otherwise, as long as someone is eating a diet of mainly whole foods, with all the nutrients necessary, I think anyone can live a healthy life. As long as we listen to our bodies, because not every food is received the same way. If it's blood type or something else entirely, listening is the most important part.

7. DreekLass

Threads:
    I feel like although people are quickly filled by meat, and it is an easy part of meals, after those who do not agree with eating meat eat it, they will feel it in all sorts of different ways. Yes, it may taste good and dill the stomach, but the body doesn't flourish from it. But at the same time, if you take one source out of your meals, you have to fill the void with other things, which makes eating a job for sure. It's just a matter of finances, and organisation, and how bad do you want to feel good, a lot of the time.

I agree. Listening to our bodies is the main skill that we need to develop, not matter the hows or whys behind it.

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have no food allergies whatsoever, and I can eat pretty much anything that I want. So I think in that aspect I'm lucky. I do know that bread and sugar, if taken in excessive amounts, can cause diabetes.

9. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, you are lucky sidney believe me. My younger kid and wife are pretty much the same, but me and older one share the same issues. Sometimes we eat the exact same things and just we two get issues.

10. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have some mild allergies with crabs and shrimps. I find it last year. We have seafood party in the beach having lots of shrimps, crabs, lobster, shells and squids. I eat to much crabs and shrimp and the next morning I have severe skin itching and my throat went bad.

11. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think it makes any sense. Why do you need to cut on them if you are not allergic to them. It is really stupid. If a proper explanation is given then maybe it would make more sense and would be useful.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Because they're inflammatory and in that respect, almost everyone is "allergic" to them. It's your body's response to it, whether you feel that response or not.. right now.. it doesn't mean it's not leading up to something. Most people have SOMEthing going on with them that they don't contribute to their foods. Skin issues, mental issues, mood disorders, weight, heart issues, gut issues, dental issues, eyes/ears/nose etc etc etc ect.. THAT's why ;)

Anyone could eat pretty much anything and feel fine for a while. It doesn't last forever. You aren't sick until you're sick.

13. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, that is the exact issue, we are being slowly poisoned or intoxicated by the foods today so we can't really say what's happening apart from the fact that is something coming from food.

14. mstaffney

mstaffneyNew Member

Threads:
    After experiencing a terrible breakout on my cheeks and forehead I learned that I am allergic to tomatoes and any foods that have tomato sauce or tomato paste. The good thing about this is that I can eat tomatoes but limit my intake.