Food At Theaters

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by naruto100 • Apr 10, 2017.

1. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Belovedad@Belovedad Ha ha.. Of course no one is going die in that much time. We can surely manage our hunger for that time. But if we are there with kids then there is another scenario. They will going demand such food and we can't say no to them always. So you can understand.

Even I used to go there rarely. So not much problem for me.

#21Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. anupamas2

anupamas2Active Member

Threads:
    I don’t buy any food items in the theater because they are so expensive. But this I can do only when I go to watch movies alone. When going with the kids, you cannot avoid it. But I try to buy only a single popcorn and some cold drink. If they want to have anything else, we have it after coming out of the theater.

3. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @anupamas2@anupamas2 That's exactly what I mean. Foods are really costly and they don't allow outside food. It is okay as we can surely avoid it for that short time. But kids we can't make them sad all time. So we have to go for it.

Yes buying in small amount is good idea as we can always have more thing from outside the theaters. There is no meaning to spend more money inside theater.

#23May 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah although everyone can manage hunger in that time instead of kids and there is another scenario if you are there for having some fun so we can buy a food wich may fall in our selected range but without food theater seems like so uncomplete isn't it?

5. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Taraa@Taraa Yes very true. Yes kids are unavoidable but even if we talk about us then without food at theater it is kind of something missing. But as cost are touching sky we have to avoid them. At least I am avoiding it. Even if I have lots of money I would never spend them unnecessarily.

#25May 4, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  6. Zero

ZeroActive Member

Threads:
    I usually go to the movies about once a month or more depending on which movies are on and i have noticed a rather significant price regarding food prices, I decided that i would only waste my money on either a bottle of water, soda or popcorn.

7. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Zero@Zero Even I used to go to movies once in a month or depending on good movie. Though even water bottle and popcorn price is quite more compare to past. Now popcorn almost took 2$ at theaters which is surely not worthy if we compare price with outside. So I mostly avoid any kind of food at movies. If kids are with me then I can't avoid them all time.

#27May 7, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  8. luri

luriActive Member

Threads:
    In our town, food is not allowed inside live theater, however, you can have foods at the movie theater. Price of food in movie theaters depend on the quality of theater. In a posh theater, food is very costly. I don't go to movie too much, however, when ever I go to the movie I try to avoid buying food inside theater. If I have to buy food, I will buy less expensive foods such as pop corn, tea, chips etc.

9. Jasmin Cottontail

Jasmin CottontailActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a long time since I've watched a film in a theater so I'm not really sure how much a ticket cost and the food. Theater foods are really expensive compared to other stalls in the mall. So whenever we want to watch a movie, we'll hit the grocery first to buy snacks like chips and sodas or bottled juice and bring it inside so we don't have to spend a lot in terms of food :)

10. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    In my view better to have your fill at home before going to the theaters. If you rely on getting properly fed at the theaters you may just end up spending exhorbitant on food and may still not derive the kind of satisfaction from home made food. At theaters I go for popcorn which is understandable to be cheap and fine chewing while enjoying the movies. Before going I make sure to eat well enough to sustain for the hours outdoor.

11. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail Not all theaters allow outside food . Here too theaters don't allow outside food, so if someone want to eat then they must have purchase from inside. So it is kind of indirect force. That's why mostly I avoid to eat inside theaters. But if I am with kids then I have no choice. As I can't say no to kids all the time.

@tonyb@tonyb I don't think even popcorn are cheap in cinema. In fact they are quite costly if we compare them with normal outside market. Popcorns inside theaters almost cost around 2$ which is quite costly than normal market. Filling at home is good idea, but if we are going with kids then we can't avoid all the time.

#31May 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2017
  12. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat I wish you knew some of our movies lovers! While I tend to agree that it's not like the olden days when the movies ran for years in one single theater but now the trend has changes. The producer books thousands of screen at the same time and recovers his cost in one or two days and then earns lots of monies as in a country like ours there is no shortage of viewers here.Everyone in the business wants to take full advantage of crowded cinema halls and sells items on hiked rates. Now our government has taken the matter seriously and directed businesses involved to charge market price.

#32May 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  13. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Ray1@Ray1 Exactly!! Here they get viewers properly , and they must be start money making from 3rd or 4th day only. Here still for new pictures we are having housefull. I have seen many times lines for popcorns and other food item. So how can they running in lose. They are making healthy income for sure.

#33May 10, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2017
  14. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 Oh that's too bad. I guess you won't be able to avoid spending a lot if you're going to buy food inside the theater since most of them are expensive. I think the reason why they don't allow outside food simply because everyone might get food outside since it's so much cheaper compared to them, and if that happens no one will buy from them anymore. Well I get it but selling their food good for 1 person for the price of 3, I think it's not reasonable.

#34May 13, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  15. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail That's their fault. Why they are selling food that costly compare to outside? Even outside shops are earning from selling those stuff then they can too earn via same price, why so much hike in price? Obviously people will not prefer to spend that much.

For me, I mostly avoid food inside theater, I can eat more good outside after movie. But if I am with kids then I can't say no to them all the time.

#35May 14, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2017
  16. Jasmin Cottontail

Threads:
    @naruto100@naruto100 True. Perhaps it's because of their shop's location since it's inside the theater. They think that overpricing their products is cool with consumers when it's not. The reason why people buy expensive food is because they don't have a choice (in some cases).

Yeah you can definitely get a lot of food outside the theater for the same price that you would spend inside. Make sure to bring extra cash when going out with kids because as you've mentioned, you can't say no to them at all times :)

#36May 16, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017
  17. naruto100

naruto100Active Member

Threads:
    @Jasmin Cottontail@Jasmin Cottontail Ha ha.. Yes, I can manage my self without eating anything in theater as I don't want to spend any extra money. But yes if we are with kids we have to full fill their demand. As we can't say no to them every time. Plus they come with us for enjoyment so we can't say no to them.

I think they shouldn't made thing like forcefully. I mean they should allow outside food in this case.

#37May 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2017