Food Cart

Discussion in Food & Drink started by roki123 • Mar 6, 2015.

1. roki123

roki123Active Member

Threads:
    The food cart is a basically are mobile kitchen that is a great way to provide facility of street food for locals. What will you say guys, is this a good thing rather than at hotels and restaurants or comfortable or not?

2. TommyVercetti

TommyVercettiActive Member

Threads:
    There are perfectly legitimate food carts and food trucks where I'm from. Legitimate as in, they operate in franchises and adhere to health codes and stuff. They're definitely a trend in CA right now.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a good way for young chefs to start a business. My cousin's husband helps out on one and it's hard work, but it can help build up business and private clients which is what happened.

It's more casual of course than a hotel or restaurant, but I admire people for making their own opportunities. With social media many can tell their loyal customers where they are next and also post menus or get lunch time orders, so it's a good idea, but the authorities do limit space and have strict standards which protects the public but also lines their pockets.

4. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I've always enjoyed street foods. When traveling it's a great way to get a feel for the areas style of eating. It can also be a dangerous way of eating but you just have to be weary of the right things & avoid some others.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I just saw a thread quite similar to this one, except it was food trucks? Like I said on that one, it all depends on the level of hygiene and the price. I couldn't buy from someone if I thought I'd pay for it later (excuse the pun), or worse still, put my health at risk by so doing.