Food Containers, What To Choose?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by TheOtherSide • Aug 2, 2017.

1. TheOtherSide

TheOtherSideActive Member

Threads:
    @Jason76@Jason76 I sometimes notice it too, the after taste of plastic when you chill something on it. Other than that I had no other issue using it.

@Kiama@Kiama Thanks for this wonderful argument you presented. I will make time to research more about this things you mentioned. Plastics are really cheap and convenient but overall our health and safety is still the number one priority and the first thing we must consider.

2. Alexandoy

AlexandoyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Plastic containers are very convenient in the kitchen. They are now microwavable and easy to wash. We have lots of plastic containers at home from the square to the round, big or small. And the best benefit of plastic is the cheap cost.

3. Beast_Titan

Beast_TitanActive Member

Threads:
    You know what? You can get plastic containers for free. Buy an ice cream tub with plastic instead of paper containers. Plastic tubs are very reusable. You won't be needing to buy new plastic containers. The only negative is that they are not microwave safe.

If you want to buy something worth the money, Buy silicone containers.

4. TheOtherSide

Threads:
    @Alexandoy@Alexandoy Plastics have really come along way and keeps on evolving everyday. And as you said it, there are now plastics that are microwave safe. I wonder what will they be inventing soon that revolves around plastics and it's use at home and everyday living.

@Beast_Titan@Beast_Titan Your suggestion is quite good. It's one of the best ways to save up on things since this ice cream plastic tubs is reusable and will certainly be helpful in some ways. Actually here at my place, there are biscuits plastic containers that are about a pail size which can be used as a water storage or just about anything that can fit it's size.

5. tallulah

tallulahActive Member

Threads:
    I love using plastic containers. In my country, we have a brand called Tupperware. It is of a high quality and durable. But I am so taken with the silicone collapsible containers as displayed by someone in this thread. I think they are a fantastic idea.

6. TheOtherSide

Threads:
    @tallulah@tallulah I kinda remember Tupperware too, but I think all our Tupperware items have vanished one by one. I mean we used to patronize this products during the early times since my mother had this brochures with the same name on it and there are tons of really good offers on the brochures. But as time passes by and as of today, still I am wondering where did all this stuff went. We still have at least 2 to 3 items left I guess, a big bowl for serving chilled deserts and pasta but the others I don't know what happens.