Food sensitivity tests

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Peninha • Oct 3, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've been wanting to do a food sensitivity test for years now, but never got to do one. Medical community says they are worthless, but I feel that's not exactly the case. Anyone has ever done these tests? How do you see them, legit or a scam?

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't done this yet, and in fact I haven't heard anything about it so I only have a little, but not sure, idea of how or what it is. Is this a test about allergies, or some sort of that? I would be really glad to know. But if the medical community says that it's useless, I think I shouldn't be bothering myself much about it and even yourself. But if they are simply in doubt or sides that research has yet to be done, then I would just keep my doors open for possible opportunities and benefits I could gain from it.

3. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are several tests, but you have to remember you body changes over time and as you get older or if your body becomes resistant to foods. I never took one and just deduced from what I was eating what didn't agree with me, but also there were hereditary factors to take into consideration. I am lactose intolerant, so intolerant is not the same as allergic, so you eat the food in moderation but it may create digestive issues if excessive quantities.

Most doctors won't give them unless there are severe allergic reactions and health food places offer basic ones with the pin prick test. If you want to pay, go ahead but they aren't accurate and as I said, the body changes. I wasn't lactose intolerant until I was in my 30s.

4. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Theo is correct about your body changing, so your food sensitivities won't always change. If you suffer severe reactions to certain foods, then these tests are worth checking out. It's easy to identify lactose intolerance on your own, and shellfish/peanut allergies are indicated by the near-death experience of consuming them. However, a food sensitivity test is worth it if your family has a history of things like celiac disease where your body can't process gluten. If you're healthy and don't suffer from any suspected sensitivities, then there's no reason to take one of these tests. Only a doctor should administer the test either way.

5. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Food sensitivity tests can help us detect what foods make us allergies or something similar to allergies and if we can avoid those foods our allergies can in fact improve. Usually allergy doctors don't test us for those for reasons I don't understand.