Food That You Like A Lot But Don't Understand Why

Discussion in Food & Drink started by jneanz • Oct 3, 2015.

1. mmegs00

mmegs00New Member

Threads:
    I eat a pretty normal diet, but I do have a few favorites which I have loved since I was a kid.

1. Brussel Sprouts
    2. Pickled Beets
    3. Kale

My parents never force fed me these when I was younger, they actually don't even like them. I chose to try them on my own and absolutely loved them. It was always odd as a kid, since the smell of brussel sprouts is so strong it was always a special treat if I got to have them for dinner. Usually kids go for something more tasty, but that was my weird foods I loved.

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Really? How come I never had the same experience? Which brand did she take? Mine is Carica Slimming Tea. I didn't get diarrhea when I took it, maybe because mine is herbal hehe.

3. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hehe, @Sidney, it's hilarious now, but my poor cousin was in a lot of discomfort but wouldn't give the tea up! It was ages ago, and was meant to be herbal too but I honestly can't remember what it was called. It was quite the rage at the time. I'm glad yours is not like that. Are you actually seeing any results, though?

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Yes I did but only in inches, not in pounds, and after the whole box got empty I didnt buy again hehe. I don't exercise, so maybe that's why I only lost some girth.

5. Lushlala

Threads:
    @Sidney....yea, maybe the tea can only do so much. As far as I remember, the type my cousin used was also supposed to be really good for the skin. She did have great skin, but I don't think I could attribute it wholly to the tea. I'm not sure if she even lost any weight at all. Maybe if you guys did a little exercise, that's where' you'd see a lot of difference IDK.

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, I guess so, but at least in my case there was some changes, since I documented it, hehe! I never knew that you can only lose inches and not include your weight, I thought both go hand in hand.

7. Lushlala

Threads:
    Oh yes, @sidney@sidney; it's very possible to lose inches and not your weight. But yea, ideally I'd prefer to lose both simultaneously, who doesn't LOL

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Lol I do notice that when I skip meals, my face seems to look thinner. For sure had I exercised that time, the results would be more drastic. When I see that slimming tea being sold, I will buy it again hehe.

9. Lushlala

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney...don't even get me started on the need to lose weight! I bet you don't need to lose any. I on the other hand, could do with dropping maybe 3-5 kg (approximately 7-11 pounds) My clothes have started to feel a little too snug around the midriff and tummy area, and it's very uncomfortable, not to mention downright ugly. Nothing fits right, and although I don't advocate skipping meals to lose weight, i'm kind of in that place. Now where's that tea hehe?

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, Since I don't get to exercise nowadays I do need to lose weight too but it's not my priority since I'm preoccupied with completing the requirements in applying for jobs hehe. The tea is locally made though, but hopefully you can find a safe and effective herbal tea over there, hehe.

11. Lushlala

Threads:
    @sidney@sidney....You're so lucky the tea's locally made, we have to import it and who knows if it's the best or just the dregs LOL?!

Anyway, good luck finding a job! I know how hard it is at the moment, right across the world. It took me forever to get the one I'm in.

I've started cutting back on stuff like bread and starch in general, sugar and snacks. I'm also on the hunt a juicer -come-smoothie maker to help in my quest to lose weight. I don't know when I'll find the time to exercise, though. I don't like feeling big one little bit.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @Lushlala@Lushlala, So herbal stuff isn't popular there in Botswana too? Thanks, wish me luck in getting hired! I think simply moving often and the stress that comes with working is enough for a person to lose some weight.

13. Lushlala

Threads:
    @Sidney...Oh herbal stuff is popular alright, but Botswana doesn't make much of its own, we import most of our goods. -and with some things you just wish you had it made locally.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you to get employed soon. I know how being unemployed can get, it can rob you of your confidence, sense of pride and worth etc. Good luck :)

14. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Doesn't the tea make your bum sting? Pills don't last forever but I'd rather lose and gain a few pounds than have a fire seat and no weight loss. Green tea may be worth trying.

15. Lushlala

Threads:
    Hehe you made me laugh with your question, @jneanz! Yes, as a matter of fact, I think i remember my cousin mentioning the bum stinging LOL She was always in a lot of discomfort. I couldn't even do green tea, because i can't stand the taste of it. -and anyway, I've heard you'd have to drink copious amounts of the stuff in order for it to work. So me, it's portion size control and a little exercise :(