For comfort or style?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Apr 3, 2013.

1. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I love to wear whatever it is I am comfortable wearing but at the same time I want to look trendy as well. So I guess I'm the type who dresses up for comfort and style. What about you? Do you dress for comfort or just for style?

2. Yurika

YurikaActive Member

Threads:
    Personally i would dress for comfort. What's better, both comfort and style.

3. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I dress mostly for comfort then style I guess. But there are a lot of nice comfortable clothes that you can find that are really nice that you can wear and still be stylish and comfortable, both of both worlds. But if I had to choose style or comfort, hands down COMFORT...;)

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like dressing for style. I don't believe that I have to sacrifice style for comfort. I can have both. I'm not a slave to fashion though. I don't wear something just because it's trendy. It has to look good on me and fit my lifestyle.

5. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    A little from A and a little from B. I like to dress fashionably, or well, in what I think is fashionable, but if I am working all day, or doing something that requires movement I would rather be comfortable! I don't think saying something is comfortable is an excuse to look awful. I usually wear cute little dresses with tights / leggings under. They look fun and flirty, when actually, if I am sitting all day at work they are so much more comfortable than the tight waistband of pants!!

6. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have to dress for comfort and style. The two are very important when it comes to me because I can't stand to lose fabulous but at the same time I am uncomfortable. That feeling would ruin my night or day. If something is uncomfortable and I have purchased it, it will sit in my closet until I find a new home for it. That especially applies to heels; there are so many uncomfortable heels on the market, and it is extremely difficult to encounter a comfortable one. So, if the heels are uncomfortable then I won't purchase. Being comfortable and stylish should important to everyone because if you're not comfortable you're not going to look right. Most women can spot someone is uncomfortable--not a good look.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I was 20 and went to nightclubs, I dressed for style. Now that I'm a hardworking parent, I dress for comfort so that I can clean the house, do the shopping, pick up my kid from school and work at my desk for 10 hours a day.
    When I start the small business I'm working on, I'll have to look a little more stylish because I'll be dealing with people almost every day.

8. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I always like to dress for both. I am usually someone who scans the fashion trends online and I apply my taste to them as well. I wouldn't just wear something to look good in because if there is no comfort then it's a huge red flag for me.

9. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    I'm a guy, and while women and men clothing are very different, I'm more about comfort. I care about style, sure, but I won't wear something unless it's comfortable.

10. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I stylishly dress for comfort :) I don't follow the latest trends, I just buy what I like. I like dresses, and I love cotton jersey and it's very easy to get something stylish that is also comfortable made from that fabric. I also like drawstring pants made from cotton jersey, but those are more about comfort :)

11. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I would say both. If I am not comfortable I won't feel as confident. And If I am not stylish I won't feel sexy or feel I look good enough. I remember I wore a dress to a bridal shower and it was hideous on me, and I didn't not want get up and walk around I stayed in my seat. It was too late to find something else to wear since it was a formal event.

12. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's how I feel about it too. I can be comfortable all day long, but if I don't think I look good, I just don't feel good. That's a horrible feeling.

13. SuzyLewis

SuzyLewisNew Member

Threads:
    Really why can't you have both? I follow the trends, so I am stylish but also I do make sure all my clothes are comfortable too.

14. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I totally dress for comfort. If you don't dress for comfort why dress at all? I want to be comfortable and the style comes with that such as, all you have to do is match what you are wearing and you are then stylish. Do your own thing and you won't go wrong.

15. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    If you're not comfortable, your clothes will be wearing you, rather than the other way around, so you won't look good. It's important to be comfortable, and then you will look stylish. There's a real difference between being comfortable and just slobbing around, though. I make sure I'm aware of that difference every time I dress.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I cannot think of wearing clothes that are not stylish or those that aren't comfortable. I will never sacrifice one for another. At home I dress more comfortably than stylish.. but make sure that I always look presentable..
    I guess in your teen and early adult years you tend to be more trendy.. but later you look at clothes with a practical mind.

17. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    For comfort, definitely. I mean, what's the point of being in style if you feel uncomfortable in it? And when you feel uncomfortable, you're not able to carry yourself properly with whatever you're wearing, and that pretty much ruins the style itself. In the end there would be no point.

18. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    I know it's probably a cliche that mom's don't dress well, but I do tend to dress for comfort. Now I don't dress like a slob or anything, but I can definitely rock a tracksuit, or a pair of yoga pants and a cute v-neck. If I'm going somewhere nice, like to dinner with my Hubby or I have an interview or have to go to court or something, I'll opt for cute rather than comfy just for that day. By the time I get home, I'm back in the comfy clothes. Plus it's a lot easier to chase my daughter around, while I have sneakers and a pair of yoga pants on. Lol.

19. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    It's always nice to dress for comfort rather than style. Some times dressing for style can give you a lot of health problems. So what I do is dress for comfort and then tie in with a style afterwards. Then you are both and is looking good.

20. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    In general I dress for comfort and pay very little attention to style. I only dress for style when I have a performance.