For comfort or style?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by difrancprod • Apr 3, 2013.

1. attagirl

attagirlNew Member

Threads:
    For me it is a combination of both for the most part. Although there are times it is about Style and I will sacrifice some comfort to look really good. It is very rare though that is probably why it is not a big deal for me to sacrifice. But generally I always choose comfort and depending on what I am doing I often choose comfort over style because of what I am doing.

2. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I dress for style. I can be comfortable at home, and even then I am most comfortable naked anyway. I'll be less comfortable wearing clothes already anyway, so why not be stylish while in it? Granted, there are a lot of middle grounds out there when it comes to this subject, but my perspective is that dressing up should be fun and engaging, otherwise, why not just wear a white t-shirt and shorts everywhere, every time?

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I dress mainly for comfort and style, but if the clothing is not comfortable even if it suits me then I will not purchase it. It would only make you look awkward if you're not comfortable with what you're wearing.

4. mifinfo

mifinfoActive Member

Threads:
    Comfort is my first choice, then style.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not one for following the crowd. I don't like feeling like a cookie cutter, so I dress for comfort. I don't think I'm unstylish in the least though, so both.

6. sharjeel

sharjeelBanned

Threads:
    i like to wear comfort if you are not comfortable with your wearing you can'not be easy going at all time,

7. winnifred

winnifredMember

Threads:
    I tend to try to combine both. I like to look fashionable, but I must be comfortable at the same time. For example, I like wearing heels, but instead of stilleto heels which I can't tolerate, I go for the thick heeled shoes.

They are still high and girly, but comfortable and overall better for the body at the same time.

8. maurovis

maurovisNew Member

Threads:
    The trick is finding the balance. I remember a the Seinfeld "velvet" episode and I think it's the perfect thing to bring up on this point. Eventhough you may feel comfortable wearing something it may not be fashionabley accetable. As much as sweat pants and baggy sweaters are comfortable one really needs to be able to dress for the occassion.

9. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    You can always dress for comfort and look stylish as well. It all depend on where you are going. So, if you are going out for the evening, dress for that, for lunch, breakfast etc. then you will dress for whatever the event may be that you are going to attend. But you can be comfortable for whatever it may be. I know I do it all the time. Why be miserable, then you won't have a great time. Comfort is key!

#29May 10, 2013
    Last edited: May 10, 2013
  10. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I would go for both comfort and style. But when shopping, it really depends.

Sometimes if I like the style but its not comfortable and I really do like it a lot, I still buy it and wear it. I would get used to it for some time anyways.

11. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Can't i have both? Because that is what i go for most of the times.

Yes, i do like to be comfortable in my own house, but i don't see why i should be able to be stylish and be comfortable with the clothes i wear when i go out.

12. joshAnthony

joshAnthonyNew Member

Threads:
    I definitely dress for comfort and style as well. Once you buy good quality brand name clothing you get both of these features, well most of the time anyway.

13. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    Comfort. I've seen people wear stylish clothes that are not fit for winter, or summer. I would see people in coats in the summer, and people in winter with their t-shirts. That is just absurd.

14. limcid

limcidActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think I've ever dressed for style, as an adult. It may have something to do with my having to actually pay for the clothes, instead of merely wanting them, lol. But, I find it's just more practical for getting the most for your money when the clothes are not trendy because trends come and go so quickly.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Well I don't like trends exactly but I'll swap that out for 'fashion' and answer both! Also, sometimes even if they aren't the most comfortable clothes, something really cute or sexy will make me feel more comfortable, even if it may not be comfortable otherwise.

16. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I think it's a combination of both. I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable being a hipster, with all the latest gear and such. It seems the only people that wear really trendy clothes are also super popular and quite superficial. Sometimes I dress to look nice and smart, maybe a little trendy but never to the point that I'm competing with the hipsters. Other days I will throw on a baggy hoody and put my hood up, its warm and comfy and if I don't look great wearing it, then I'm fine with that.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wear a lot of yoga pants, because I'm not mowing the lawn, grocery shopping, cleaning the bathroom, or walking to the post office in high heels and a designer dress. I love looking at fashionable clothes, I love the idea of fashionable clothes, but for my everyday reality, I choose comfortable clothes so that I can get stuff done.

18. MrsR

MrsRMember

Threads:
    When I was younger it was more for style, but as I have gotten older, comfort wins every time. When I go out of the house I always look decent, but I can be decent and comfortable at the same time. Lately though, I just can't stand to have clothes on me that aren't comfortable. If I put something on and it doesn't feel right, I yank it off and put on something else. It's like I just can't stand some clothes touching me. Sounds weird I know, but that's just the way it is.