For E-book Readers...

Discussion in Books, eBooks & Audio Books started by eagletal88 • Jan 31, 2015.

1. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    What is the most you will pay for a book on your E-Reader?

I always think digital should cost less than a physical book just due to the savings that the publishing company has, (no material or shipping costs). When I buy physical books, I don't mind paying upwards of $15-20, if it looks really good. But for my Kindle, the most I will pay is $5-10.

2. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I also share the same thought. The reason that I'm buying for digital book is, aside from the convenience that they are just in my iPad, they're supposed to be really cheaper than the hard-printed books. So if they level up to the price of a real book, I wouldn't bother buying them. I'd rather by the real book I'd be able to store and get out and read in case of electricity fall out.

3. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Material cost is absolutely miniscule. The fact is, if you pay 5-10 for an ebook, the author gets almost nothing per copy. They publisher may not pay for the paper (which, again, irrelevant), but they still have to pay for the service that offers their books (bandwidth isn't free either and Amazon and Apple aren't in it for charity) and get a cut of it themselves as well, to be able to exist.

4. Juno

JunoActive Member

Threads:
    I always want to pay less for Kindle books compared to the real book. I don't understand it sometimes when books are priced the opposite. I try never to spend more than $10 on ebooks. There have been times when I wanted a book and thought it would be easier to keep it on my Kindle, even then I really had to think about it before making that plunge.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Unless it's a physical copy, I won't pay more than $5 just to read a lengthy plot. That's how much I'd go for electronic books. I'd rather have a tangible book and read it between my hands as solid evidence of my payment. Besides, I always find physical copies more exhilarating to read than electronic ones.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I have answered this question already in another thread. Anyways, it would depend on the availability of the book and how much I need it. It I need it badly and I can't find the book anywhere, I would be willing to pay above 10 bucks. But if the book is available on a lot of websites, then I'm just willing to pay 5 bucks or less. Most of the time, I wanna get my eBooks for free via torrent sites. Saves me a lot of money hehe. It's piracy though so don't try it at home kiddos.

7. GoldenWing

GoldenWingMember

Threads:
    I buy e-books to save money.

If it is more expensive than $10 then chances are that I either won't buy it, or I'll try to find a physical copy.

There has been one case where I wanted an ebook and it wasn't available anywhere else and the price was not convenient, so I pirated it. It wasn't really worth it. I don't think piracy is good, though.